PDA

View Full Version : Head pain

Ella13
03-07-13, 14:32
I've been feeling off colour last few days think it's just been a mild case of flu had a constant headache, head shocks, sore throat, aching limbs, no energy etc. I wasn't too worried but today my head is worse than ever I keep getting really weird head shocks my neck is aching so bad and the right side of my face is tingly and numb!! I Already said to myself "what if it's a blood clot or aneurism" 4 days ago and I'm still here now I'm worrying if I'm having a stroke or something. Something definitely doesn't feel right its really hard to describe the head shocks aswell but they are really painful! Ive also had a bit of eye pain on and off. Has anyone had this? I'm really tempted to go to a and e if this continues which I really don't want to do!!

Jimmy28
03-07-13, 19:16
Where does your head hurt? On the back of it or forehead? I've been dealing with the both kinds of pain. If it's on the back of your head it's probably a tension headache or a muscle knot, both caused by anxiety. If it's on the forehead, it's probably sinusitis or just a normal headache if you, for example, feel exhausted.

joelhall
03-07-13, 19:18
It sounds like a viral infection. Pain from an aneurysm is very distinct and severe.

Speranza
03-07-13, 20:01
I think you would know after four days if it was a medical emergency.

chrismanc
03-07-13, 20:47
Hi Ella13
How strange, Im having all of the same symptoms as you this week. My 'normal' anxiety consists of heart palpitations and dizziness but for the last week or so I have had a constant headache, head pain, pain in my left eye together with a feeling of not being all together there. I can only liken it to having flu. I also feel quite sickly for much of the day. I keep telling myself its just a different symptom of the anxiety but its really starting to p*ss me off as I feel so unwell. Going on holiday at the weekend and Im really hoping the rest will help me shake it off

anxious_thoughts
03-07-13, 22:29
I believe that if you've had it for 4 days already than it's probably nothing too serious.

I've had on and off head pains for over 10 years, along with so many other symptoms, I haven't done an MRI because my doctor believes I'm fine. I know how you feel, always worried about your health. It's a terrible feeling but sometimes we have to realize that it's not always something serious. Take care xx

Ella13
04-07-13, 11:43
Thanks for replies guys!!
Jimmy28 - the shocks are mainly like at the side of my head, usually the side where I'm getting the numbness and tingling. They aren't actually as bad today but I can still feel the tingling! Very strange! I do have chronic sinusitis that flares up with warm weather (hayfever etc) but this tingling numb sensation Is a new thing!

Joelhall and sepranza yes I think you are right I'm sure I've just had a touch of flu I know it's going round at the moment it's just these head shocks are puzzling!!

Chrismanc oh my gosh I literally get every single thing you describe!! Mine is usually my heart I get a lot of palps and chest pain but for the last week it's been my head feeling like I'm not here, eye pain. I also get bouts of nausea although been ok recently. Hope you have a great holiday hopefully it will take your mind off the anxiety!

Jenclark - thank you I'm starting to believe its nothing serious and just flu I used to worry about my head a lot with my sinuses they did a CT scan and everything was normal apart from showing my sinuses were inflamed which I already guessed as I used to be in so much pain. Hope you feel better x