PDA

View Full Version : I AM stronger!!

MrsStobe13
03-07-13, 15:15
hey all,
You're probably all too aware lately I've posted a lot about some horrific violent thoughts. Well, in the past 48 hours I've made some huge progress! Late last night I was talking to my husband about them and I said I've now come to realise I am stronger and better than these thoughts. For a while I've said that they are beating me and I can't cope, last night I told my husband that I was stronger and have been all along otherwise people would be dead by now. I know they are immoral and wrong, I hate blood, I don't want to act on these horrific ideas and I don't want to go to prison or never see loved ones again!

This afternoon I was talking to my neighbour about the recent number of people using our communal garden as a footpath. He said that prison is like a hotel now and hard labour would sort them out, then told me about a woman he knew who ended up in prison for murdering her Dad. Without thinking I just said "oh god! I could never do that! I have too much self control to murder someone in anger". BANG! Sudden realisation...

I AM stronger!!!

Chin up all, there is light at the end of the tunnel, sun through the clouds etc! Have faith and believe you are better and stronger than the anxiety!

Mrs S x

Geestar
03-07-13, 15:19
I dont quite understand- were you getting thoughts and feelings of wanting to kill someone?

G

MrsStobe13
03-07-13, 15:33
Yes, all the time. Namely my husband, but also my parents and brother. Occasionally my friend, too. I didn't want to be near anyone in case I killed them.

Geestar
03-07-13, 15:47
I am glad you are feeling stronger :)

Are you getting any help for this? Its quite a serious anxiety/OCD.

MrsStobe13
03-07-13, 15:54
Nope, I spoke to my GP about it and he changed my oral contraceptive as he felt it was triggering the emotions. I went back last week and I was told I already knew a lot about ERP & CBT from what I'd said (read online) and he didn't feel there was a lot more I could do there. He also felt that an SSRI would be of little use if the oral contraceptive was causing the imbalances. He's put me on a milder one now and I do seem to be gradually improving but they are keeping a watchful eye on me.

Geestar
03-07-13, 18:00
Yes well its good you have seeked advice.

Do you feel like you are a hazard to yourself/others?

I respect your honesty with this matter :)