PDA

View Full Version : 150mg Twice Daily, but need more.

Edward_1980
03-07-13, 15:36
I'm on 150mg twice daily, but I feel that I need an increase. The problem is that my Psych won't increase the dose as she feels I'm on enough medication already for the agitation and panic attacks. Does anyone know the max dose you can be on? As I've said, I'm on 150mg twice daily. Thanks.

AceOfSpades
03-07-13, 17:16
Hi.

The max dose is 600mg a day. I have been as high as 450mg.

At the moment I'm on 125mg three times a day. And also Prozac 20mg a day and diazepam (when needed).

Maybe you do need more but also maybe you could need less as an increase or decrease is know to help.

Hope you find a level that works well for you as when pregab works it works well.

Ace

Mark13
03-07-13, 18:05
Certainly for GAD the maximum is 600mg. I was on 300mg twice a day for 3 months, and it worked well before "pooping out" on me.

However, it all depends on the other drugs you're taking and possible interactions.

If your pdoc thinks you shouldn't go higher - well, personally I'd listen to her.

Edward_1980
06-07-13, 13:49
Thank you so much for the advice guys.

God, 600mg seems like quite a lot. I wouldn't want to be upped to that dose. All I'm wanting it is to be upped to say 175mg twice daily. She is very reluctant to change me though. I also have GAD along with a mood disorder and BPD, so they thread very carefully when it comes to my medication. But, I reckon 175mg isn't that extreme. What do you think?

Mark13
06-07-13, 16:16
It certainly doesn't sound a lot, but it depends on any other meds you may be on and how sensitive you are to these drugs.

I'd been on mirtazapine or 5 yesrs before pregabalin was added and I had no interactions that I noticed (the only SEs were from the pgregalin alone).

hanshan
07-07-13, 14:26
Based purely on my own experience (totally non-scientific), you have to increase the dosage of pregabalin by about half to notice a difference - ie go from 300 mg a day to 450 mg. If this is correct (and I don't say it is), then the increase you are asking for will make little if any difference.

Also, you mention that you are suffering from agitation and panic. Again, in my experience, pregabalin is good for GAD, but isn't effective once the anxiety goes past the lower levels. It may mean that you need adjustment of your other medications, not pregabalin.

Take care.

Edward_1980
15-07-13, 12:53
HanShan,

My other meds are fine. I'm just very anxious and feel I need an upped dose. I'm seeing the Psychiatrist tomorrow for my session and injection, so will try to bring it up again.

Edward_1980
16-07-13, 14:06
Update: Because I'm fairly new to Prozac, they don't want to go changing things any further so I am still on the 150mg DB for now.