PDA

View Full Version : Hi.

sg1985
03-07-13, 17:47
Hi, I'm new here and I just thought I'd say; hello.

I've been reading other 'Introduce Yourself' topics and I see people are just explaining what brought them here so here goes.

I've had panic attacks since I was 17, they used to occur very randomly and sometimes years apart, and I wouldn't worry or even think about them in between. Over the last year however I've started to suffer from anxiety about having panic attacks, it's really started to affect my life in the last few months, I no longer spend time with friends, or go out to specific places or put myself in certain situations because of it. I don't take any medication and I'd be quite hesitant to do so, but I have just started CBT though to try to stop the anxiety/panic attacks. I'm mostly here to read how other people cope, and how they overcame their problems.

Speranza
03-07-13, 19:34
Hi, sounds like you have a great, positive attitude! Welcome. :welcome:

Gill

Sparkle1984
03-07-13, 19:38
Welcome to the forums. You'll find plenty of help here from likeminded people. :)

I have generalised anxiety disorder and also some depression. I do have to take daily medication otherwise I'd find it very difficult to function. But anyway, I have found CBT very helpful and I hope you will too. :)

almamatters
03-07-13, 19:48
:welcome: to the forum, I'm sure you will find loads of help and support on here.

sg1985
03-07-13, 21:42
Thanks for the replies, it's nice to read what other people have experienced and how similar their situations have been to my own. I had no idea how common this was, I actually laughed when I got home from my first session of CBT and read the information I was given, it practically listed the symptoms I experienced as if it was written from my point of view.

Mark13
04-07-13, 00:16
Glad to have you with us.

I've found a great deal of support and guidance since I've been here.

I'm sure you will too.