PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety symptoms just before period

staffi
03-07-13, 18:58
Hi was just wondering does any one else suffer more with anxiety symptoms just before their period ??

Annie0904
03-07-13, 19:00
I have gone through the menopause now but I used to get terrible anxiety increase before my period was due. In fact I still think even though I don't have periods any more, my anxiety is always worse for one week in a month.

nomorepanic
03-07-13, 19:03
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

joelhall
03-07-13, 19:16
Hormonal changes and temperature changes during ovulation often cause stress or anxiety reactions in a large number of women. Hormonal contraceptives can be very useful for some women in curbing these effects.

staffi
03-07-13, 19:25
Thank you I've only just realised this is what it could be triggering my anxiety

GoogleNoMore
03-07-13, 21:07
I have noticed in the last couple of years (as I am getting older) there are certain months where my anxiety is through the roof, and it definitely coincides with my period. As if the cramps and bloating weren't enough.... :sad:

missleelee6982
26-07-13, 11:46
I have the same problem x my health anxiety is through the roof about a week before my period is due x I had an ectopic pregnancy back in may since then every time im due on my anxiety is so bad x

staffi
28-07-13, 23:34
Hiya well here I go again anxciety back .. What a surprise I'm due on Again . At least now I'm sure this is what is causing it now ...I've been really tearful today and so tired but yet again. I can't sleep and now feeling very nausea . Any tips ?

Gibbon83
29-07-13, 22:27
I have been mapping my cycle and my 'down' or 'anxious' days. It would appear that 2 days before I am due on my period and 1 or so days after it I am a mess, and lose my sleep. I lose all my confidence that had built up over the weeks prior. What has anyone else experienced like this? Any advice? I have been told my bmi is too high to go back on the pill.

Pam xx

bagpuss75
05-08-13, 12:39
Yes, absolutely! It's horrible.
I've had a really good month, cut out coffee, taking St John's Wort and eating really healthily, then yesterday, my anxiety started up and it's much much worse today.
My negative thoughts cycle is working overtime, and then I realise that my period's due next week and this is a regular thing for me.
I'm sorry other people suffer too, but very pleased that I'm not on my own.

emlica
11-08-13, 14:45
Yep, mine is definitely worse before my period (which is now, argh). My anxiety relates to my bowel habits as well, so double the fun because the onset of my period affects my bowels in various ways, plus anxiety makes my bowels worse, so then I'm more anxious, etc, etc. Ugh.

staffi
20-08-13, 01:16
Here I go again one week before period and I feel terrible my bowels also play up errrrr and I feel nauseous and can't stop peeing I'm also glad I'm not alone and there are other ladies out there that suffer.
What I really can't deal with is the insomnia I'm so tired but just can't sleep and then I worry about feeling dreadful for work the next day.