PDA

View Full Version : Took my first diazepam

Shivmarie
03-07-13, 21:25
Took a 2mg tablet after months of deliberating but didn't do anything for me unfortunately :-(

nomorepanic
03-07-13, 22:21
I used to take 1mg and it calmed me but did not make me like a zombie.

What were you expecting from it can I ask?

flori
03-07-13, 22:51
I get prescribed 5mg tablets but usually half them. They calm me down too.

B-Brain
03-07-13, 22:52
I found 1 - 2mg diazepam on top of my daily Mirtazapine helped take away horrible anxiety symptoms, like shortness of breath and racing heart. Any more than that and it made me feel a little too numb & drowsy... which is a feeling I find quite unpleasant. It's only a short term fix though, most doctors will only prescribe it for a short time for fear of becoming dependant on it.

flori
03-07-13, 23:01
B-Brain, I`ve been prescribed it for years and only take it when really anxious and panicky.

I`ve tried other meds but feel worse on them.

B-Brain
03-07-13, 23:33
Hi Flori!

Sounds like I'm taking it in a similar kinda way. I've been prescribed it 2-3 times in the last year, on top of my regular meds, to take when really anxious as well.

It really helped me through a couple of bad patches, like when my mum was ill in hospital and I had to be strong for her, or when I've had to travel.

Shivmarie
04-07-13, 10:45
took it for my anxiety, been very anxious in regards to this deep breathing / yawning thing i have awaiting blood tests results and have to go for an xray and last night i took one it literally made no difference, i wasnt relaxed i wasnt tired or 'relaxed' and my breathing reamined wrong still i was exactly the same and didnt sleep any better x