PDA

View Full Version : I am a new Member

Janice Booth
09-10-06, 15:19
I would like to introduce myself. I had a great job until being taken ill last year and had a total hysterectomy in August 2005. Since then I have suffered panic attacks and become agraphobic. Now house bound I have not been out much for 2 months. I am taking 30mg of Citalopram and am due to start seeing a counsellor next week. Any help from people in a similar position would be great!! I am 37, married with a 13 year old son who is very supportive.

janie
09-10-06, 15:58
Hi Janice and welcome to nmp - you will find lots of friends and some great advice on this site. You will relate to many of them I'm sure.

I also had a traumatic operation in March 2005 and had a fairly stressful year. I had a panic attack one night almost a year to the date of my accident and have been suffering since. Mostly just anxiety but nonetheless very debilitating. I am not agrophobic but I do avoid certain situations but I find taking small steps really helpful and just doing a little more each time. For instance I would go to the bank and then come home, and then I would go out and post some letters and then back home ............ slowly I was able to do the two things at the same time and I have just built my confidence up that way.

I am 42 with 3 children of my own and a stepson. They are all supportive but find it difficult to understand. Have a look around this site - you will be amazed and relieved to find that there are so many people in the same situation as us.

Take care and pm anytime if you wish.

Janie xxx

ceecee
09-10-06, 16:03
hi janice welcome to the forum.you,ll find lots of friends here
take care rachel x

Piglet
09-10-06, 18:25
A big welcome to the site :D

Piglet xx