PDA

View Full Version : One day before wedding

willous1
04-07-13, 07:49
And I have diagnosed myself with a million things. Why am I doing this, it's like I'm trying hard to findssomething to ruin my day. I have posted on other thread but I had temp done at doctors in ear which was 37.5. He said its normal but I know it's not. Is it true like some sites say that ear temp is different and it would be fine. Havre been up all night waiting to buy a thermometer. I didn't even think about temp before doctors bout now I'm focusing on it and think I feel hot. What can I do for my health anxiety not to ruin tomorrow. I feel useless.

illgetthere
04-07-13, 08:10
I can only imagine what your feeling I feel like this on a daily basis not being here to watch my children grow up my sons first birthday is approaching and from the day I had him I've thought about not being here to see him crawl to see his first words his first teeth it's torture. But you need to focus on your day you have made it this far don't let it win you stay focused and tell your self this is the biggest day of your life and your going to enjoy every minute of it what will be will be but your going to do everything in your power to be happy and enjoy it your going to look beautiful as every bride does your going to do your husband to be very proud and make him feel the luckiest man alive take care and love every minute of it xxx
P.s your bound to feel nervous and that will make you feel worse so plenty if deep breaths and chill out ❤❤

Daisy Sue
04-07-13, 08:19
Hi Willous, congratulations on your wedding tomorrow! :)

Maybe try and mentally shout at the anxiety thoughts - you've got a whole day to calm them down... tell yourself over & over again that you're going to be fine, you KNOW you are, and tell the negative health worries to sod off.. lol, I know it sounds silly but you should hear the mental messages I give my panic attack monster :D

A temp reading of 37.5 is bang on normal, no doctor would consider it a fever, so don't worry - you're not poorly, you're just anxious.

Have a lovely day, resolve to put a smile on your face from the minute you wake up, and keep it there. :)

willous1
04-07-13, 08:23
Aww thank you for your kind words. I'm a man though :D. The physical symptoms are horrible. I keep trying to find out about this temperature thing. My wife to be is not happy with me today, I don't have any energy and just keep worrying.

Just read your post Daisy-sue. Thank you very much. Your words have helped. I'm going to fo as you have said and try and find strength. The physical symptoms always feel so real

Speranza
04-07-13, 10:00
Willous, you ARE trying to find something to ruin your day. We self-sabotage all the time, for some reason you don't believe you are entitled to the same kind of wedding as everyone else.

Let yourself believe that you deserve a lovely day, and focus on the anxiety not ruining it for your partner. Maybe thinking about them will take the anxiety off your health for long enough for you both to have a wonderful day! :flowers:

mummyanxious
04-07-13, 10:19
Please try and relax. Tomorrow you'll be too busy to think about how you feel. Nothing had us going to happen tomorrow, the exact opposite, you're going to have an amazing day.
I suffered with HA for many years and it all stopped the week before my wedding and I had an amazing day. Sadly we're now divorced but that's a separate issue.
But what I will say is please be prepared that tomorrow you will have adrenalin running through your body. I stood at the alter and I couldn't feel my arms or legs, they'd gone completely numb. I didn't feel out at all much to my surprise. Because I knew I wasn't breathing properly because I was nervous. Afterwards I felt sick to the stomach but it was all NORMAL reactions to nerves.
Go with all the feelings, try not to freak and ENJOY!!!!

willous1
04-07-13, 10:38
Thank you for your replies and I appreciate every word. I just bought to thermometers. On clearly stays still on 37. One lights up green on 37 and 38. There both head thermometers.

Daisy Sue
04-07-13, 10:49
Thank you for your replies and I appreciate every word. I just bought to thermometers. On clearly stays still on 37. One lights up green on 37 and 38. There both head thermometers.

Head thermometers gauge the temperature of the skin.. to get a true body core temperature reading you need either a mouth or ear thermometer. Your skin can be boiling hot (as in ladies who get hot flushes) but your inner & true temperature can be normal.

If you're anxious, you can get hot externally and sweaty - that's probably what your readings are showing.

Please stop worrying - you don't want to look back on your wedding day and realise you wasted precious special moments stressing about a fever that wasn't there.

:)

willous1
04-07-13, 14:52
Thanks Daisies-sue. I need to chill now. I tried the thermometer on my partner and it yeah the same on both as I had it.

---------- Post added at 14:02 ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 ----------

I'm doing everyone's head in. My forehead feels like it's burning but temp says 37.

---------- Post added at 14:52 ---------- Previous post was at 14:02 ----------

Anyone else had this

joelhall
04-07-13, 15:13
Stiff glass of whiskey or vodka beforehand. But pleeeaaase don't over do it ;)

willous1
04-07-13, 18:45
Ha a drink will help. I keep checking temp every 5 Mims

KeeKee
04-07-13, 20:08
I was like that with my pulse a while back. I do check it every now & again but not as often as I did.
If I were getting married tomorrow I think a full blown panic attack would be in store for me the night before, all eyes on you etc. Its completely normal.
Good luck for tomorrow and I'm sure things will be perfect for you both.