PDA

View Full Version : Kidney or Muscle??

mike2512
04-07-13, 08:42
Hi,
I am so obsessed with this well its not a pain as such, If i bend over and press on my left side back just at the bottom of the ribs it hurts. I cant stop thinking its my kidney and its making me so down and nauseas.

I have had it now for 2 weeks because i could feel it more when im driving i work for 10-12 hours a day Taxi Driving.

Anyway i went to out of hours 2 weeks ago and he said i have a bit of protein in my urine which i panicked and next day i was at normal GP who said at first erm theres a tiny bit of protein if any but il give you anti biotics while i send the culture to the lab.

So stupidly started the Anti Biotics only to be told the next week no infection is present.
I just cant stop focusing on it and pressing it. If i go on my bike or go for a walk i dont have any pain, but my head wont let it be because i cant stop thinking were the protein came from so it must be kidney problem.

Feel so down and tired with it cant help thinking iv got Kidney disease or Cancer.:weep:

Speranza
04-07-13, 09:57
Go back to the doctor. But a job where you are driving all day, plus repeated pressing on the place to check it, is bound to make the pain worse... Hopefully that is all it is. Go and ask for reassurance and another test.

mike2512
04-07-13, 11:05
Just been docs and there was no protein in my urine but no there is white blood cells my head as gone I'm so tired.

joelhall
04-07-13, 15:29
Are you currently taking any medication? If there is no infection present you may need to have kidney function tests and an X-ray. It may be kidney stones.