PDA

View Full Version : New member today!

Janice Booth
09-10-06, 15:25
I am 37, married with a 13 year old son. I had a great job until I was taken ill last year and had a total hysterectomy last August. Since then I have suffered panic attacks, anxiety and now agraphobia. I am now housebound and have not been out much for the last 2 months. I take 30mg Citalopram per day and am due to start seeing a counsellor next week. Any help and advice from people in a similar situation would be great.

belle
09-10-06, 15:43
Hi Janice, i too have agoraphobia, i WAS housebound for 2 years but i am sloooooooooowly getting better. I am nowhere near *normal* but one day - i will be :)

Sarah

manmoor
09-10-06, 15:56
Hi Janice,

A big warm welcome to you.

Take Care

Mandyxx

Granny Primark
09-10-06, 16:22
Hi janice,

Welcome to this site. I really understand what you are going through. Its the panic and anxiety that make us agrophobic. I can go out of my house but begin to feel panicky when i go to far away from home even tho im with my hubby.
There is light at the end of the tunnel i assure you cus recently i have been able to further and afield and have day trips out with my family.
The help and support you will get from this site will help you so much im sure.

Take care
LYNN xx

yorkylover
09-10-06, 16:27
Hi Janice you will get lots of advise here.In the last 3 months I have managed to go out once on my own and that was to the doctors.Im like lynn cant go to far from home even with someone.Your not alone pet.Im on citalopram and Im still waiting on my appointment with a counsellor.
Take care;)

Ellen XX

Hexia
09-10-06, 17:38
I'm new here myself, but thought I'd wish you welcome as well. Thankfully, I am not agoraphobic myself, but I am sure you will find lots of great advice on it here.

"You can't yell loud enough to make me shut up."

mad_shell66
09-10-06, 18:18
hi janice welcome to the site
shellxx

scoobygirl2005
09-10-06, 19:52
Hi.

Welcome to the forum. You will find lots of help and support here.

Scooby2005
x x

Ross
09-10-06, 20:00
Hello and Welcome Janice.

Im sure you will find this site as helpful and informative as I have.

I myself an Agoraphobic, and am indeed housebound. Always remember that there is light at the end of every tunnel!

Kind Regards

Ross.

------------------------------------------------
Is There Really Gravity, Or Does Earth Just Suck?

Janice Booth
09-10-06, 20:36
Thanks for all your support!

I have today for the first time in months taken the dogs for a short walk with my hubby. Felt shattered but felt good at the same time - I know I can beat this with all your suport so I'll try doing a little more each day, so I can join the outside world again!!

Being able to contact so many other people going through what I am, has made me feel no longer alone - so thanks to you all!!

lainey
09-10-06, 23:00
Welcome Janice

This site will help you soooooo much

Take care

Elaine x

tnt808
09-10-06, 23:06
Welcome to the site Janice!

Best of luck in your recovery process

"Be The Change You Want To See In The World"...

Take Care of You,

Tina

honeybee3939
10-10-06, 09:19
Hi Janice

A BIG warm welocme to you !

I too suffer with Agorophobia, was house bound for 2 years, but i am slowly getting there, this site as worked wonders for me!

Lovely to hear you managed to take the dog out, WELL DONE !

Love

Andrea
xxx

trac67
10-10-06, 10:09
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

chelsea
10-10-06, 14:15
Hi janice,

Welcome to the forum you will get lots of support here.

Take care.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

donna

surreylady
11-10-06, 08:11
Hi Janice

I hope you find this site as helpful as I do. Well done for getting out for a walk with hubby, it will get easier as time goes by

mandy xxx

positive attitude brings positive results

nomorepanic
11-10-06, 17:08
Hi Janice

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can get you back on track soon

Nicola

Karen
11-10-06, 19:28
Hi Janice

Welcome to the forum.

You might like to have a read through the following information as a place to start:

First Steps (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=firststeps)

Symptoms (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=symptoms)

I hope the appointment with the counsellor goes well. You will find a lot of help and support here.

Karen

Lay me down roll me out to sea
Calling on a mighty wave to cover me
Lay me down roll me out to sea
Heaven if you're ready shine your light on me

mumof3
12-10-06, 13:45
hi janice
welcome i havnt been on here long,there are lots of nice people on here with lots of support and kind words,and where all in the same boat
hope you start to feel better soon
xxxxxxxxxx jackie xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx