PDA

View Full Version : So scared please help :(

Brynne8
04-07-13, 14:05
Alright so this whole problem started when I began to run to train for a race and my right leg started hurting when I ran. It hurt in my thigh, my calf, my ankle and my knee. At first it only hurt while running, but eventually it began to hurt all the time. I would describe the pain as an ache. So I went to the doctor and they told me not to worry that I just worked it too hard and they took X-rays of my hips to make sure they were aligned. The X-rays came back clear- my hips were okay.
The pain didn't go away, in fact it got worse. It is mostly in my knee and thigh now. It is still okay to the point where I can walk and stuff, but can no longer run which is my passion. I am a 15 year old girl by the way.
Next, more symptoms began to arise- occasional pains in my chest, shortness of breath, back pain especially when deep breathing and occasional weakness in arms and legs an occasional arm pain. Now this could be from anxiety, since this pain and fear has taken over my life, but I believe it is all related. I have also had very mild cold symptoms for awhile and a dry cough.
This is ruining my life. The thing I fear the most is bone cancer. It is common in teens and I really have a gut feeling that it is bone cancer that has spread to the lungs. I am so afraid. I am too young to die and I want to live a normal life, and can't imagine what it would do to my family if I was diagnosed with cancer. They would be crushed and terrified. I am so depressed and can not go a day with out looking up my symptoms online and reading cancer stories and figuring out how I am going to deal with this.
My main question is- what does this sound like? I really just need a few diseases/ conditions to bring up to my doctor when I go in a week. I am going to have a panic attack in the doctors office I really don't know if I can do this. Just please help me- let me know what you think it is, what it sounds like, if you relate or anything like that. Thank you and god bless.

cheshirecatqee
04-07-13, 15:01
This all sounds like anxiety to me as there are so many ways anxiety makes itself known. Write down everything that concerns you and don't let the doctor fob you off, insist on knowing that the pains are anxiety related.

The cold symptoms are also prob anxiety as when we are stressed, which you definitely are, our immune system is more suseptible to any bugs that are around.

Do the pains move around or are they the same place? If they move then that is good as it means it is more likely stress is causing it.

Ashmedai
15-07-13, 11:03
I get that sometimes when I run too. Usually if I'm not wearing good shoes, run too hard on too hard a surface like concrete, or use the wrong running "technique" - it can be any number of reasons that have nothing at all to do with cancer or anything serious. Tell the doctor your concerns, they can check you out and I'd think put your mind at rest. God bless! :)

sharonheath
15-07-13, 11:13
Hey Little girl, Stop worrying. This is no way connected with Cancer.
Sometimes due to calcium Deficiency you get these kind of severe pain near the joints, So Just relax yourself and consult a doctor asap.