PDA

View Full Version : If it's not one thing, it's the next!

crosbysmom
04-07-13, 16:11
So I went to the doctor about the mole that I thought was melanoma. He said it didn't look suspicious to him and felt other moles and said it felt similar.
I am trying to believe him.

I have also had two small pimple like spots on my left breast for 3.5 weeks now. I popped one and it bled, but the red scar like mark is still there. The other one I haven't popped, but it has not gone away. I showed him that as well and he gave me some cream and doesn't really know if it's a pimple or not...

I have been driving myself nuts with reading about Inflammatory Breast Cancer and now believer I have it.

How long does it take for pimples on the breast or red spots to disappear? The areola on my left breast is also a lot bigger than the right, it has been forever now and I haven't thought anything about it, but now reading about IBC, it is freaking me out.

Jean18
04-07-13, 16:18
I get pimples on my breasts and chests everynow and then and they seem to take forever to go away/fade especially if I pick them, also it is not uncommon for the left breast and aerial to be bigger than the right

Marni
04-07-13, 16:22
Do you have a mole on your breast? Is that what makes you think you ibc?
It use too be a big fear of mine and has come back recently.
I have a massive mole on my left breast, it's a little raised but it only few with pregnancy and I was told that was normal.
I really want mine removed but I'm scared of them testing it :/
I get little stinging pains underneath it and also get burning in the skin.
Perhaps It's anxiety making me feel all of those because if I had all these symptoms years ago I wouldn't be alive now if it were ibc.
It's very rare and fast growing, you would be really ill.

PatrickChicago
04-07-13, 16:30
Rest assured, doctors know what melanoma looks like. It is very well studied and doesn't exactly hide itself when you have it. So trust that if your mole isn't concerning your doctor - it isn't melanoma.

And while I'm a guy - so I can't really relate as far as the fear of breast cancer - however I can say that as long as there is skin - there is a chance of imperfections like pimples.

I have never, ever, heard of breast cancer appearing as similar to a pimple... but I can tell you that what you describe sounds exactly, 100%, no doubt about it like a pimple. You can get them in plenty of places - and they can take a while to go away. I once had a mark from one for a good 4 months back when I was a teenager - right next to my nose haha.

If you pop them, they bleed. Or they shoot out pus and then bleed. Either way, the most harm they are is nothing - but they are huge on the gross scale when you pop them!

As for you noticing different things on your breasts - from every girlfriend I have ever had, to I'm sure most women you will ever speak to who are honest, breasts are not always 100% identical. Like you said, you've noticed it forever, which means one things - it is just how it is. No point in reading into something that has been there forever and associating it with a new fear.

joelhall
04-07-13, 17:08
I have been driving myself nuts with reading about Inflammatory Breast Cancer and now believer I have it.

You don't. :)