PDA

View Full Version : Staying up late.

RaZoeLynn
09-10-06, 17:22
Hey all. Lately I haven't been able to sleep because of constint worry that someone will break in to my house. Last night I satyed up all night just sitting around downstairs making sure the doors where locked .[:o)]I felt soo dumb doing it but I couldn't just go and sleep because I wanted to make sure my family was 'protected'.
Has anyone else had anything similar happen with them? Anyone know a way I could just go to sleep?

domino
09-10-06, 19:19
Try relaxation tapes, a nice warm bath before going to bed, and a nice mug of milk,hope this helps. lorraine:D

up_n_down
10-10-06, 12:19
this may sound dumb, but do you hav a security system? because if you dont, it may be a good idea to get one, as it will put ur mind at rest....we've had a system since I was a child, and NOBODY can get into your house unless you turn it off, so it might be a good way to keep ur mind at ease.

;);)

RaZoeLynn
10-10-06, 15:11
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">this may sound dumb, but do you hav a security system? because if you dont, it may be a good idea to get one, as it will put ur mind at rest....we've had a system since I was a child, and NOBODY can get into your house unless you turn it off, so it might be a good way to keep ur mind at ease.

;);)

<div align="right">Originally posted by up_n_down - 10 October 2006 : 12:19:10</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
Thats a good idea but I don't think we could get one. The best we can do is keep the doors locked. Thanks for the tip though.:D

up_n_down
11-10-06, 16:14
lol that's ok!

u know, id feel the same way you do at night if we didnt have a security system--it's a common worry that a lot of ppl hav and is perfectly normal.

my mum isnt OCD, but tonight my dad is sleeping away and my mum confessed to me that every time my dad stays away, she locks her bedroom door coz she's scared of break-ins, and we HAVE a system!! so, it's not just you!!

hope things get better, just stay strong and try not to worry about it. what i usually do, if im obsessing about something, is get someone to come with me when i triple-check that the doors are locked or something, coz then if THEY say the door is locked, i believe it and am more at ease. maybe u could try that for reassurance, and then you'd know that if anything did happen, there were two of you that could vouch for the fact that you WERE safe, and there was nothing you couldve done to prevent anything happening.

:D[8D]
xx

RaZoeLynn
12-10-06, 12:18
If its on the weekends I can usually count on my cuz being online. Then it isen't soo bad if I'm chatting with someone. It also helps me to have a tv or music on. ^.^ Thanks for all the advice.