PDA

View Full Version : Tips for sticky mucus

Shivmarie
04-07-13, 19:04
Hello again I'm just asking if anyone suffers for like chronic mucus as I do it's been like this for months, it's clear sticky stuff and its constantly I'm the back f my throat and I feel like I have to keep coughing to bring it up. I don't know if its hayfever or what(never had hayfever before) but is there anything I can do/take to help clear it?

Speranza
04-07-13, 19:07
If you can bear to do it, dissolve a tablespoon of salt in a jug of boiling water, LEAVE IT TO COOL :ohmy: and then cup it in the palm of your hand and snook it up your nose (it can't harm you or go down your lungs). I embarrassedly told my doctor I'd been doing this and he said, "Brilliant! Keep it up!" and it did seem to help.

avasnana
04-07-13, 19:18
I do something similar but I use a plastic syringe to put the water up my nose, I also use sterimar which is just salt water and u can get it at boots along with an antihistamine does help.

Shivmarie
05-07-13, 08:49
Thanks both its driving me insane x

cheshirecatqee
05-07-13, 11:47
I had this and it completely freaked me out. If the salt water tips don't work go to a herbalist as that was the only thing that cleared me of it.

Don't bother with doctors as all they will do is prescribe nasal sprays and or antihistamines but i found that made my mucus worse.