PDA

View Full Version : Venlafaxine Sweating

priestbridge
05-07-13, 17:17
Hello
Please can anyone help out with tips on how to stop or reduce these horrible sweats I have since I started taking Venlafaxine in March. I know it is a side effect but I am now at the point stopping taking it because it is getting to the stage where I am too embaressed to go out.
hope some one can help Thankyou.

nicola1980
05-07-13, 17:26
Hi i get awful night sweats on venlafaxine it drives me crazy, i never used to get then until my dose was increased to 150mg tho and then they started along with the weird vivid dreams! X x

priestbridge
05-07-13, 20:08
Hello
Its horrible mine happen during the day and I am soaked it runs off my hair and face.
Sorry you are having this problem too. Lets hope someone can help us!

Katie22
17-07-13, 23:11
Having been on 37.5 twice a day...the doc has decided to up my dose to 75mg twice a day. Please can you tell me good things, I'm scared of starting this dose.:unsure:

spawn
17-07-13, 23:22
I don't get the sweats or vivid dreams at 75mg, any higher dose and I do.
I found it hard to cope with, but luckily I got to a stage where I could reduce.
My dreams were horrid and very graphic! :(

Katie that's quite a jump up, really you should go to 112.5 next?

kittikat
18-07-13, 01:21
Having been on 37.5 twice a day...the doc has decided to up my dose to 75mg twice a day. Please can you tell me good things, I'm scared of starting this dose.:unsure:

I agree with Gav (Spawn) I upped from the same dose as you to 112.5 a day and was supposed to up to 150 a month later...I stayed on 112.5 and it has made a real difference to me so never needed to go higher. I would try going slowly and give it time to settle down and then see how you feel.

Good luck. Kitti :)

Katie22
18-07-13, 17:09
Thanks for your replies. will go for the 112.5 the 150 seems too much.

stuboy111
27-07-13, 13:59
Hi Everyone Hopefully this will give you some comfort I am on 225mg per day of venlafaxine and I honestly have accepted the side-effects as this gave me my life back.:) The sweats are much worse when the weather is really warm but stick at it when winter comes you don't notice as much. I don't really get the vivid dreams and I honestly thinks the sweats reduce the longer you are on it.

a4000
03-08-13, 23:33
I've been on Venlafaxine XR 150mg for about 6 months now and I noticed I sweated more even before the recent heat.

Over the past few weeks I've noticed that while at home even with the portable air con on, even doing something relatively easy as vacuuming and tidying up, my shirt is soaked in sweat on my back and chest. At work I'm always aware that my back is sweaty and my forehead is damp with sweat as well. I'm also getting anxiety/light chested feelings at night now but its the excessive sweating that is the most annoying!! :mad: I'm seeing the SHO in a about two weeks to discuss the side effects.