PDA

View Full Version : Hey peoples!

Coffee_frog
09-10-06, 20:54
Hey hey!

Just joined the forum, will be posting here a bit to see if i can get some support from people who think like me.
I can't go into public places without feeling like people are judging me, i have to keep my head down and clench my fists to walk through my common room. People become annoyed at me for wanting to sit facing the wall in a café; it doesn't make much difference, i still feel sick thinking people are behind me watching me eat!

Hope i can get help here!

x [:I]

scoobygirl2005
09-10-06, 20:58
Hi.

Welcome to the forum. You will find lots of help and support here and make some new friends too!

Scooby2005
x x

yorkylover
09-10-06, 23:42
Hi and welcome,you will get helpful advise here,and we are all in similar situations.;)Your not alone.

Ellen XX

manmoor
10-10-06, 08:07
Hi,

A big warm welcome to you.

Take Care

Mandyxx

Granny Primark
10-10-06, 08:56
Hi and welcome,
Im sure by joining this site you will start to feel better. You will make friends with people who suffer in the same way you do and will be able to get help and advice from them.

Take care
LYNN xx

honeybee3939
10-10-06, 09:16
Hi

Lovely to see you hear, im sure you will get some good advice, your not alone with your fears, i for one dont like eatting in public.

Love

Andrea
xxx

trac67
10-10-06, 10:22
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

It sounds like you suffer from low self esteem, I suffer with this, I wont leave the house without wearing my sunglasses, I think if people can't make eye contact with me then they can't judge me, my sunglasses are like my safety blanket from the world, mind I do get some funny looks when it is pouring with rain or snowing and there I am wearing my sunglasses lol.

I a waiting to go on a self assertiveness course which helps with low self esteem, ask your doctor to see if they do these in your area too.

feel free to give me a shout if you ever need a chat

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

net
10-10-06, 14:40
hello
welcome to the forum

i have low self esteem and walk with my head down and i sit facing the wall in cafes i feel safer then
i am currently seeing a therapist who is dealing with my esteem issues and am gradually learning to hold my head up

netty

the dreams of the future are better than the history of the past

Coffee_frog
10-10-06, 18:58
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I don't know if you can make appointments with your GP by yourself at 16...perhaps i am wrong!

scoobygirl2005
10-10-06, 19:12
Yes you can, ring your doctors and make an appointment, your parents don't have to know if you are 16 or over its confidential.

Scooby2005
x x

mad_shell66
10-10-06, 22:16
heya, yeah make an appointment. even if you ar eunder the age of 16, a doctor cant make you tell your parents, and the doctor cant either, as its patient confidentiality,

i have been going to the doctor alone now since i was about 14 or so.

shellxxx:D

surreylady
11-10-06, 08:06
Hi there

Welcome to the forum. I am sure you will get lots of help and support here, and knowing you are not alone is a big help

mandy xxx

positive attitude brings positive results

nomorepanic
11-10-06, 17:13
Hi there and welcome aboard.

I love the name by the way!

Hope we can be of some help to you.

Nicola

Karen
11-10-06, 19:25
Hi Coffee_frog

Welcome to the forum.

At 16 you can see your doctor alone and anything you say will be confidential. There is no reason your parents need to know anything about it unless you want to tell them.

You will find alot of support here.

Karen

Lay me down roll me out to sea
Calling on a mighty wave to cover me
Lay me down roll me out to sea
Heaven if you're ready shine your light on me

Sue K with 5
12-10-06, 10:57
Hi coffee frog

Welcome to NMP

I love the name

take care