PDA

View Full Version : I can't sleep over fears of Leukaemia....

Nich
06-07-13, 00:18
Recently i've been bruising a lot lately...mainly on my legs. I have about 4 or 5, but only a couple are big and painful. I have also been tired and achey....I'm so worried that i have leukaemia, i also have the red dotty rashes (always have done if i'm honest)

I have had blood tests before for my swollen lymph nodes (months ago) and the doctors didn't pick up on anything...but i'm still worried something new may have developed.

Can anyone help calm my nerves? I have been on steroids for a week that have side effects or bruising, but i doubt that's the side effects of a week's worth of tablets...

Would i feel a lot worse if i had it? Please help me out. :weep:

nomorepanic
06-07-13, 00:27
I have just had a blood test to check coagulation of blood as I bruise easily.

Maybe you could ask for that.

I am sure it isn't anything serious with you though

joelhall
06-07-13, 15:16
Corticosteroids increase the risk of bruising as they temporarily weaken capillary walls. If this has been going on a little longer, then you should be checked for anaemia.

Marni
06-07-13, 17:33
If there was a way I could send you photos, I'd calm your nerves.
A few months ago I started bruising badly. I'm talking palm size bruises on my thighs, behind the knee. Big dark ones on my knees.
I also got the spotty type on my thigh. Where there would be 15 blood spots in a close group.
I took photos of them all. I have no idea how I got them.
I also suffer with the lymph nodes ( have been my biggest fear for years)
After all my blood work, and I had alot, everything always came back perfect and the bruising has actually stopped.
I did have a bad gallbladder and infection which I had removed almost 2 weeks ago but I don't think that's connected.