PDA

View Full Version : Heart worries

Ats666
06-07-13, 09:01
I've been having palpitations for about 3 months now which have eased considerably but I am worried sick I am going to have a heart attack. I'm 36 not very fit and slightly overweight. I had an ECG when the palps started which was normal but I keep getting twinges in all areas of my chest sometimes hurts to touch. I'm so scared and so sick to death of being scared. Keep thinking everyday is going to he my last and can't cope with feeling like this :weep: any advice would be much appreciated.

joelhall
06-07-13, 15:18
The only thing I can tell you is that 'twinges' are not symptoms of cardiac illness, but are due to muscles in the chest.

Geestar
06-07-13, 15:56
Hi I suffer heart worries too. I know what your going through.

I have heard though if your chest is sore to touch its more likely to be related to muscle in the chest

Does your chest hurt in the middle when you bend over /move/carry something?

G

x.

Ats666
06-07-13, 17:31
No it doesn't hurt when I bend particularly but does when I touch it most of the time. I'm fed up of worrying that I will have a heart attack its getting me down x

joelhall
06-07-13, 19:00
Doesn't sound like you have much risk of suffering a heart attack at all.

Ats666
06-07-13, 21:32
Why can't I stop worrying its driving me mad :weep:

Geestar
07-07-13, 01:08
I think its just muscle.
I constantly worry about my heart too and it gets me down too.
I feel like everyday im going to die. I understand what its like.
Why dont you make an appointment to get checked over and reassure you. Are you on any medication to trreat anxiety/depression or beta blockers?
Is your worry normally about your heart?

G
X.

Ats666
07-07-13, 18:32
Hi thanks for your replies. Geestar I came off my anxiety/depression meds about 6 weeks ago due to weight gain and other physical symptoms. I'm on beta blockers for my palps which have reduced. Just worrying about everything. I was doing ok but not so good now think I'm going mad :weep: