PDA

View Full Version : Im worried im getting dumber over time

JCRyanDenton
07-07-13, 00:00
Lately i have had the feeling i am getting dumber, because i have very little motivation to do things that are intellectually challenging and feel very lazy, for example today i got a Kindle Fire HD, but i have yet to open or set it up since i feel lazy, yet i wanted a Kindle Fire HD for a little while though since my dad has one.

I am unsure if this is just me or its the insanely hot weather we are getting at the moment, i honestly can't tell and its knocking my confidence.

My IQ (from a proper IQ test in mid 2011) is 121.

Geestar
07-07-13, 01:02
We all feel we are geting 'dumber' over time. Like you say its because you arent doinh anything mentally challenging.
I know its hard to get the motivation but if its something that bothers you. You need to try ;)
Why dont u get a puzzle book? Suduko? Crossword? Not much effort picking it up with a pen and doing a 10 mins a day even :)
Or watch some documentaries that get your mind thinking.
Push yourself and get your kindle set up! You probably wont be able to put it down once you do :)

Meewah
07-07-13, 21:43
Hi

Its not getting dumber, its having no interest in anything. Depression and anxiety have that grip that you feel Apathy and a lack of interest. Its quite normal symptom of poor mental health. As your mental health gets better so will your interest in everything but yourself.

Mee