PDA

View Full Version : still concerned about my health

unsure_about_this
07-07-13, 12:16
Once again I cannot shake off this cancer fear.

After having a sigmoidoscopy a month ago and told nothing was seen afterwards no polyps found/removed etc. still in the habit of checking my poop size etc, blood etc. Feeling my abdominal for any lumps/masses etc. even though I had ultrasound and CT scan of abdominal area and blood taken before the sigmoidoscopy I am still vey frighten about bowel cancer as well as many others.

I am still very much concerned about having bowel cancer at 29 with no family history of cancer in the family (okay my Dad's mother smoked and died in 2000), I got told to stop reading about it by the doctors and consultant and the CBR person etc. I found quite a lot of articles on the Internet in the past on the worst website which I been told to stay clear off, okay I did see one on the site a few weeks ago that a girl of 19 had bowel cancer.

I also worried about polyps bowel, gallbladder etc.

I do have worries about having a brain tumour even though I had a eye test earlier this year (since I do have NF, I asked one of my GP could I be sent for a MRI scan as I must be due one, last one ten years)

I am always feeling myself what is the bone, bumps etc. (checking my parents whether there got the same bump, bone etc.) it is embarrassing.

With the recent lung cancer advert, this will be next worry

---------- Post added at 11:12 ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 ----------

Also I went on yahoo front page, and found out about Sir Michael Parkinson, so I will be worrying about prostate cancer now. I truly hate worrying about cancer and other diseases. hopefully we can find a cure for everything one day.

---------- Post added at 12:16 ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 ----------

I am really struggling at times because I worry far too much, I cannot seem to trust doctors/GPS I am frighten about cancer, even though I had my tests and come back fine. Its every pain. Its stressing me out.
I posted I was worried about testicular cancer earlier this week, still a major worry. I have to stop reading these articles and talk to the doctor or CBT person.

NeilSimpson
07-07-13, 12:21
I know that lung cancer ad scares the bejesus outta me, as the bowel cancer one does, so im with you there, If you have read a few of my posts before im in the same boat as you, I cant trust my dr even tho I know he's right and im wrong,

Im the same age as you aswell I just noticed, the chances of anything being wrong with us at this age is about the same as QPR winning the premier league, and there not even in it LOL

unsure_about_this
07-07-13, 17:07
Many thanks for your response. My parents are trying to keep me calm. I have done well not been to the doctors in a month, had a CBT appointment at doctor practise last month.
I know my Granddad even not blood relative, but we have always known him as Granddad he says he needs to go for something down his throat

Marni
07-07-13, 17:23
What is it that makes you think you have bowel cancer? What symptoms do you have? If you've had all the tests available & been told you are 100% fine then you need too try accept that.
Is there any tests that you haven't had that you could too ease your mind?
I suffer with ha but as long as I every test and its rules out then I no longer belive I have it as its proven.
I worried for 5 years about lymphoma. A few days ago I gave in and had a certain blood test that shows malignancies, it came back perfect! So all that worrying for nothing! I mean I could go and have a biopsy of a node but really, I think after 5 years I'd be extremely sick and something would be showing up and my nodes would be alot bigger.

I have been very unwell for 13 months. I had drs throw all sorts of diseases at me and I was scared of bowel cancer. I had the worst pain imaginable ( and I've had 3 drug free natural births) 4x a week for that whole time, sometimes more days a week.
Turned out I had a blocked gallbladder which I've just had surgery for.
The sad thing with anxiety is you get over one thing and jump too a next.

I'm getting better tho. I mean, I was told the other day my liver enzymes are high and I could have a stone left behind in a duct, but I have no pain, I'm not yellow so I'm not even going too worry about it and I'm pretty proud of myself for that. I'll admit I have googled :( but if the dr thought it was a life or death issue he wouldn't have sent me home without further testing

---------- Post added at 01:48 ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 ----------

I also check if people's bones and bumps ect feel like mine. I have a dent in my skull lol I have no idea why but I'll feel other people's. same as my tail bone, it's bigger one one side like its bent! I also check people's necks to see of they have lymph nodes like mine.
I think it's paranoia and we feel better if someone has the same as us but if we don't feel what we want too feel it just makes us worse.

---------- Post added at 01:53 ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 ----------

And your grand dad, that would be a gastroscopy, I had that done back in march too check for ulcers ect as they thought it may be the cause for my pain. I was petrified, I straight away told myself they're going too find cancer and guess what??? Nothing! Actually I had mild gastritis which is easily treated.

unsure_about_this
07-07-13, 18:04
Many thanks for your reply.

I would love to have a colonoscopy, even though I had a sigmoidoscopy and I did not enjoyed it. I was worried about my abdominal pain and not be able to go which first made me go to doctors and not going last year. I have had plenty of rectal exams at GP office and abdominal felt.
I have posted a lot about bowel cancer worries over the last 6 months as so.

I did have a itchy bottom a few weeks ago and went to the doctors and she could not feel anything. I am able to go better to the loo since I am eating more fruit, but always worried about size, it always brown, how it comes out, never watery diarrhoea.

I have never had any bleeding from bottom, or blood in toilet or on stools. All this started when my Dad when for his screening of bowel cancer stool since he reached the age of 60 in January 2012, his results were fine, and is due another one in 2014.