PDA

View Full Version : Mole !!

busybee09
07-07-13, 12:17
i have a few moles that dont bother me but i have one on my neck thats slightly larger and stands out more.
i no the right thing to do is check it out but i looked on embarassing bodies and it says a mole should never be assymetric....well this one is a little not totally.

i have no symptoms at all with it it just makes me upset incase its a bad one.

x

joelhall
07-07-13, 12:54
photo?

venusbluejeans
07-07-13, 12:55
Probably the only way to put your mind at rest would be to go get it checked if you are worried about it.

Please Remember that we are not a medical site, so just about none of us could look at your mole and give you a definitive answer.....so again, go get it checked if you are worried

Jean18
07-07-13, 13:01
Hey def go get it checked out, but to put ur mind at ease a bit- I have a mole that is asymmetrical and the colouration is patchy plus it's raised- got it checked out 6 months ago and was told all was well, was reexamined the other day and again told there was nothing to worry about :)

Munchlet
07-07-13, 13:34
Hi

I had a mole issues a few weeks ago, I have a mole that is larger than the end of a pencil, has three different colours in it and is raised. I went to the doctor and he looked at it with a dermascope and said it looks perfectly healthy and he doubts it will ever give me any problems.

I also have some smaller moles which are one colour but aren't perfectly symmetrical which he also checked and again said all look healthy.

I think the thing to remember (which is the one thing I find hard to do) is if it's always been like that and isn't changing it's more than likely normal.

Having said that it doesn't matter how much reassurance we give you the only thing that will put your mind at rest is to let a doctor check it.

It's very confusing with the ABCDE mole rule but the important thing to remember is lots of us have moles that don't fit the perfect description and 99% of them will be perfectly healthy, just a bit quirky is how I like to think of them.

take care

busybee09
07-07-13, 18:26
Think ive managed to upload an image
Due at the docs soon (yet again) so will ask then thanks guys x

joelhall
07-07-13, 18:29
That is certainly one I would have checked.

busybee09
07-07-13, 18:41
oh dear, ive had it since i was about 6 :s
bit scared now, ill pop off next week to the docs x

joelhall
07-07-13, 18:49
The odds are that it is most likely nothing. The only warning signs I can see from the photo are what appears to be uneven colouring and the asymmetry. The borders look fine, but it does resemble an 'abnormal' mole. Often these are nothing however, even those which strongly resemble skin cancers may infact just be abnormal benign moles. Even if it is malignant, it is unlikely to be causing much of a problem if the size hasn't changed. The only likely form of skin cancer it resembles is melanoma. Non-melanoma skin cancers are usually much more alarming visually. It this has not changed for a number of years however, it is quite unlikely to be malignant. There are many benign moles which are asymmetrical, although this is not what is commonly told to people as it is a warning sign to have them checked just in case.

busybee09
07-07-13, 19:04
ahh so nervous, at least its not bleeding or has changed shape or weeping puss etc.
Hoping the doctors will tell me its okay or just chop it off.
All sorts going through my head but wont rest until ive been to docs x

its in a weird place too so havent been able to check it regularly

sophie1984
07-07-13, 19:12
I dont think this is anything to worry about but there is no harm in getting it checked out. It looks like a normal mole to me. My sister had a large healthy mole removed cause she hated worrying about it even though the doc said it was perfectlt healthy. You could always ask to have it removed if it would give you peace of mind xx

joelhall
07-07-13, 19:48
Like I say, it's unlikely to be malignant. I've posted a brief guide to skin cancers in the forum. You dont have many signs, and given how long you've had it, especially the age you've had it, I would be very surprised indeed if this turned out to be cancer.

RosieXXX
07-07-13, 20:03
Hello nattynatt,

It looks normal to me too; my husband has quite a few moles which look much the same. Try to leave it alone now, and don't keep on checking, because it will make your anxiety worse, let your doctor check it out, and put your mind at ease.

busybee09
12-07-13, 16:08
molr

---------- Post added at 14:53 ---------- Previous post was at 14:52 ----------

mole update... currently crapping myself waitin to go docs aaaaahh.

---------- Post added at 16:08 ---------- Previous post was at 14:53 ----------

Ah im a daft git, all is fine i can have it removed if i want. Thing is procedures scare me but im having it done anyway because i need to start doing things im not comfortable with to gain a bit of life experience!
x