PDA

View Full Version : Is This Red Bruise Serious?

lb76696
07-07-13, 20:20
I had a Full Blood Count Blood Test last week and a Blood Clotting Blood Test. Both came back perfectly fine, but a few days after I had my Blood Test done I got this Bruise on my Calf that I have no idea how I did it. It was a Purpley Colour at first but now it's gone slightly Red too. Does it look serious? Has anyone else had a red Bruise before? If it was something serious like a Blood Clotting Disorder would my Blood Test have picked something up even though I had it done days before or not?

Thank You .
xxx

---------- Post added at 20:19 ---------- Previous post was at 20:17 ----------

http://s1351.photobucket.com/user/lolbaba2/media/2013-07-07111756_zpsbd3bec25.jpg.html

---------- Post added at 20:20 ---------- Previous post was at 20:19 ----------

The pictures not working but it's on my Photobucket Account: http://s1351.photobucket.com/user/lolbaba2/media/2013-07-07111756_zpsbd3bec25.jpg.html

xxx .

joelhall
07-07-13, 20:22
Yes a test for clotting factors would have picked up any changes, and it is virtually impossible to suddenly get a problem in a couple of days, unless you had a severe acute illness.

---------- Post added at 20:22 ---------- Previous post was at 20:21 ----------

Perfectly normal fading bruise.

lb76696
07-07-13, 20:40
I've just uploaded two more photos that I took of it just now. The first one I took was done earlier this morning. Does there look like there is a change or not? You can see the real redness in one of them but I'm not sure if that's just because the light has changed or it has really got worse?

xxx .

joelhall
07-07-13, 20:43
Nope just looks like a very normal bruise.:)

Annie0904
07-07-13, 20:45
It looks like a perfectly normal bruise to me and you may have just bumped your leg against something without knowing. My legs are covered in bruises just from carrying shopping bags, and bumping into things on my way to the loo in the middle of the night :D

lb76696
09-07-13, 11:37
Now I'm starting to get a Bruise on my hand. I have never Bruised easily before. I am now getting alot of Bruising and I have Petechiae as well. My Bloods came back perfectly bormal though. Does that show it can't be anything serious?

xxx .

KeeKee
09-07-13, 11:48
You probably have cherry angioma - not petechiae and I too bruise very easy, never used to. I had a reaction to cheap washing powder some years ago and it very occasionally flares up now and when I itch I get small bruises. I had blood tests a few month ago and they were normal. Some people just bruise easier than others

lb76696
09-07-13, 12:14
No, I definately have Petechiae. Two of the GP's confirmed this but they couldn't find anything in my Bloods. My platelets were normal at 229 and my white blood cells were 5. sonething

xxx .

You probably have cherry angioma - not petechiae and I too bruise very easy, never used to. I had a reaction to cheap washing powder some years ago and it very occasionally flares up now and when I itch I get small bruises. I had blood tests a few month ago and they were normal. Some people just bruise easier than others