PDA

View Full Version : I can't take this anymore. Someone please reassure me!

Cmack
07-07-13, 21:34
So i have been suffering from anxiety disorder for around 6 years now (im 22). Despite it being an issue in my life throughout these 6 years, it has really escalated into a problem that now completely dominates my everyday thoughts, thus leading to difficulty concentrating and now, a strong depersonalisation.

I feel like i'm not here anymore; like my mind has just given up and i'm running on auto pilot. Even as i type this i don't feel in control. I also have constant hand weakness where i can't text or type properly without my hands feeling slow and fubly, kinda like when you're hands get cold and it becomes hard to manipulate movements. I have been referred to see a psychiatrist by my nuro Doctor who ruled out any nuro disease (yes a relief, but the symptoms persist). So any help for depersonaliation and weak, numb, tingly hands?? I hate living like this and feel that i wont get anywhere unless i sort this out. Sleep is my only retreat and i dont want to go down the road of taking Phenibut again....

Thankyou in advance.

inCOGnito
07-07-13, 22:48
I've felt like that too at times. A general slowness in the central nervous system. I believe it's just a wearing down over time. Like doing lots of marathons. The body doesn't get enough rest and eventually it slows down because it just doesn't have the energy anymore. It's not doing damage so don't worry, it's just your body's way of saying "I need rest please!".

My advice would be to get adequate rest. Sleep at night isn't enough to recover from 6 years of everyday stress. You need to de-stress during the waking hours too. Try meditation, hypnosis, gentle exercise, chamomile tea. Try something everyday, even 15-30 minutes to start.

Stormsky
07-07-13, 23:02
Depersonalisation is scary, but it's only a symptom of your extreme Anx. It's not an illness itself.
Your mind is tired..it wants rest..
Once you reduce your over thinking and Anx , it will die off.

Meewah
09-07-13, 04:12
I know this sounds strange but I rather miss the episodes of depersonalisation, It seemed to be my minds clever way of removing me from the direct exposure of stress. It was like living in a matrix. I used to walk around feeling that I was watching myself live. I was safe, away from harm.

Not sure that helps any but it proves that not all experiences are bad to all people.

Mee

Attackattack73
09-07-13, 18:12
I can relate with you on that. right now i feel really depersonalised. Its like my mind has completly shut off. I eel this constant pressure on my eyes and head like as if hadnt had sleep in days. My anxiety levels are so high. Panic attacks for everything. Cant even go out and do the things I like cause, they make me anxious and super sad. Its our high leveled anxieties...weve got 2 deal
With that, in order to rule out the DP and depression.

David0701
09-07-13, 18:43
hi

well i was trying to talk to someone i just recently discovered that anxiety is the reason i was losing every relationship in my life. I feel so depressed about and that there is nothing i can do to stop it. i love my girlfriend so much but i pushed her away like i do with every girl i ever go out i didnt knew why