PDA

View Full Version : Bad day :(

cattia
08-07-13, 14:31
I've got to go to the breast clinic on Wednesday because I've been having some leaking of breastmilk and haven't beast fed in over a year. I have an enlarged node near my collarbone on the same side. I am so afraid I have cancer now. I have also been sick with one infection after another for about six weeks now and I am always tired, plus I have lost loads of weight. Even if the breast scan comes back clear I am still worried about the lymph node. :(

---------- Post added at 14:31 ---------- Previous post was at 13:08 ----------

Anyone? I feel tearful thinking my kids are going to grow up without me. Thing is I know people who have diagnosed serious health problems and they seem happier and more positive than me. I wish I could just snap out of it. I wish there was a simple test that could tell you you're cancer free all over your body.

Annie0904
08-07-13, 16:21
I had breast milk leaking for well over a year after I had stopped breast feeding.
If you have had quite a few infections lately that would explain your weight loss. Occasional swelling of lymph nodes is not unusual. When you go to the clinic tell them all your concerns and I am sure they will put your mind at rest. I am quite sure you will be fine :hugs:

cattia
08-07-13, 16:37
Thanks Annie, at least I don't have long to wait. I know the swollen node could be down to my recent infections but I can't help thinking the worst. Do you think I should tell them about the swollen node at the breast clinic?

Annie0904
08-07-13, 16:49
It is obviously worrying you, so yes mention it then they can reassure you.

RosieXXX
08-07-13, 17:37
Hello cattia,

I am sorry you are feeling so low, and i can understand your worry; we always imagine the absolute worse, and it is very difficult to take a step back from it all when we are feeling so anxious.

I also had leaking from my breast some time after breast feeding, so i don't think that is so unusual. Constant worrying makes us tired, and more susceptible to infections, which i think could also account for your weight loss.

Before you know it Wednesday will be here and gone, and i am sure your mind will be put at rest.

Munchlet
08-07-13, 20:11
HI Cattia

Sorry you are so low, I'm sure the lymph node will be down to the infections you have been having and is probably nothing to do with your breast.

I don't think it sounds like anything to worry about I know women who have produced breast milk for years after having their babies and my understanding is milk leakage isn't a problem it's more bloody discharge they are concerned with.

Have you had your hormone levels tested? My friends daughter used to leak breast milk despite having never been pregnant and she had a hormone imbalance and has to take a tablet every day to keep things levelled out, so I think it's more likely to be that or your prolactin levels are just still high due to having a baby.

I would mention the lymph node as you might as well get reassurance over that at the same time.

I'm sure the stress isn't helping your immune system and is probably contributing to the infections and weight loss.

Try not to worry and let us know how you get on.

take care

cattia
08-07-13, 20:19
Thank you all. Your kind words do really mean a lot. They checked my prolactin levels which were normal. The Dr didn't seem to think it would be anything but I discovered the lymph node since my last appointment so the Dr doesn't know about it. I have been really tired and run down, working a lot of extra hours, looking after the kids and battling viruses. I do hope it's just that and nothing more. I will update after the clinic.

Labrujis23
24-07-20, 17:36
Hello Cattia! I'm having issues with collarbone nodes. Did you find any answer to yours? Thank you!!!