Annie0904
08-07-13, 16:51
It certainly does for me :)

Kim51
08-07-13, 17:05
Me too :):)

jayjoe18
08-07-13, 17:35
Definitely, but sometimes it reminds me of what I'm missing when I see everyone out enjoying it, so that part isn't nice.

unsure_about_this
08-07-13, 17:42
It does help in a way, but still anxiety. I remember to put on sun cream before going out this morning.

almamatters
08-07-13, 18:41
The sunshine does lift my mood, but when it gets hot I sometimes feel panicky and breathless.

Col
08-07-13, 20:24
It does BUT it if it's too hot & I'm feeling unwell, it agrovates my anxiety.

Tessar
08-07-13, 22:23
Nothing will ever help me.

I'll try.......:flowers:

---------- Post added at 22:23 ---------- Previous post was at 22:16 ----------

Does the sunshine help lift your mood?
I like a sunny day. I do struggle when it's really hot tho. Sometimes it's hard to do stuff and on a nice day, I do feel "obliged to make the most of it" whereas sometimes if its rainy, I might feel more inclined to do stuff like take a local walk.

But I realise I can choose too. I can choose to be outside in nice weather. Often, if it's possible to get outside I will be much better for it afterwards even if I felt "obliged" beforehand. Rather than doing it because I feel "others expect me to", rather I think of it as something I can do and enjoy because i have chosen to and will make me feel better for making the effort.

JCRyanDenton
08-07-13, 23:33
I love the sun...but the heat however...not so much. Infact it makes me tired and causes me minor pain in certain areas, which don't help my anxiety.

PanchoGoz
08-07-13, 23:45
Not this much!!!!!!!!

Rennie1989
09-07-13, 16:17
I love the sun and heat. It certainly boosts my mood. It gives me an excuse to leave the house, go shopping, sunbathe, do what ever. It also makes work quieter, which is a bonus.

As the sun's rays hits our eyes we release serotonin, a happy hormone, and the secretion of melatonin (which makes us sleepy) is reduced. Vitamin D, which is what we get from the sun, is created and it keeps up the supply of serotonin. That's why people are generally happier and more energetic during the summer or hot weather.