PDA

View Full Version : Took diazepam yesterday! still feel stoned!

fiona1
10-10-06, 12:11
after my first visit to the dr yesterday he gave me diazepam-great i've had it before and it helps.I took 2 x 5mg doses yesterday and still feel stoned and spaced out!

What dya think??

vernon
10-10-06, 13:10
Wow 10mg? That seems a big dose even for people used to vallium; I seem surprised Doctor gave you 5mg tabs. No wonder you feel stoned. Most people take 2mg and if they can half of a 2mg. 10 mg seems a lot as vallium are quite addictive if you take them for a period of time. I would definatly try to take a lower dose as you can and as rare as you can. Take care. Vernon

nomorepanic
10-10-06, 13:15
That is a lot!

I was given 2mg tablets and used to take half. No wonder you feel spaced out if you are not used to it!

Nicola

yorkylover
10-10-06, 15:15
I was given 2mg,and was told to take 1 3 times a day.Not all the same time.
:);):)

Ellen XX

Ma Larkin
10-10-06, 15:20
I also had 2mg and used to day one or two a day depending on how bad my palpitations were. Weaned myself off it 2 months ago. Feel very tired now!!

Les

domino
10-10-06, 15:52
NOT good tooo much i take 5mg if and when required, you need to cut back take care lorraine[:O]

mazzatazza
11-10-06, 09:06
2mg is enough for me just takes the edge off then after that i feel a bit dozy i dont really take them unless i really need to because im afraid of being addicted to them i have not taken one since sunday and hopefully dont plan to take any more hoping my perm med will cure me mazza

mrs m bevis

MissChampers
18-10-06, 14:41
My doctor perscribed me Diazapam yesterday but i've not taken one yet. He said if i'm feeling partucularly anxious to take 2mgs but i'm worried i'll get addicted. When you take one does it feel like you've had a drink?

floyd
18-10-06, 17:29
Hi Miss Champers I was also prescribed 2mg of diazapam for anxiety attacks. I only used to take a 1/4 of a tablet at a time though, this was enough for me to take the edge off things. I used to take mine before going to bed and found I had a good nights sleep and didn't feel too groggy the next day, although you may feel slightly spacey for the first few days but this soon wears off. I found at that low dose I could function as normal, drive, work and drink (in moderation). It is like having a couple of glasses of wine it kind of relaxes you and you tend not to think of any troublesome thoughts. If you stick to a low dose for short periods you'll be ok. Less is better in my eyes but it did help me through a rough patch and wouldn't hesitate to use it again if needed. I'm now taking S.J.W and drinking lots of green tea and that has really turned things around for me. Hope this helps. FLOYD

Daisybun
18-10-06, 22:16
Hi Miss champers. i took 2mg three times a day and then twice a day for about a month. I am not addicted. I just felt very sleepy when i took it, about a couple of hours after I had it i would need a sleep. Sometimes i felt a little spaced out too.
Try not to worry and only take it when you feel you need it

Take care
Daisybun

'This too will pass'

sunndyd
08-06-09, 15:27
i have taken the 2mg in the day made me feel tire but still anxious and not sure why? does make me feel realy sleepy mind you

fedupofanxiety
08-06-09, 20:59
i think that you need to go back to your gp im on diazpam and have never taken 5 mg in one go!!

decca
08-06-09, 22:07
10Mg per day s far to high to start off with.If you have 5mg tabs ,I'd cut them in half then half again to approx 1mg.take that and see how you go,I find it's enough for me,gradually increase the dose 'till you find the level that suits you.

Decca.

martlou
08-06-09, 22:24
I have trouble sleeping... I took one 2mg Diazepam along with my 10mg Amitriptyline the other night and it knocked me out which was great but when I had to get up for work the next day I felt really sleepy still. Just taking my Amit now on it's own.

Elaine19825
15-06-09, 19:32
Hey guys,

I've been taking D for around 12 months now, on and off. I was so pleased cos i didn't take it for like 7 weeks! But the other day had really bad panic so took 2mg and it didn't really do anything so needed to take another 2mg. I felt fine then - not sleepy at all - actually did some exercise! But am gutted have become 'so used to them' that 2mg isn't enough anymore. Luckily am back on an 'as and when' needed basis but it's not helpful knowing i need 2 tablets instead of 1 :(

bboy80
26-07-10, 20:55
yer you made feel a little bit drowsy the next day, Ive got use to them myself and can take up 5 x 10mg a pop.

and still stay away lol.

onceagain
26-07-10, 21:44
lol sorry sounds great wish I had some x

xxxenia
10-08-10, 03:10
take as little as possible if you've never had it before. you'll get yourself a serious health issue if you end up dependant on this drug.