PDA

View Full Version : Visible Veins --

MayLorene
08-07-13, 19:35
Hello,

I was wondering if any of you have this:

For the past few months I've noticed that my veins are becoming more & more visible. I'm pale, but I've always been pale & I've never noticed this before. It only bothers me because I don't want to look like a blue roadmap. They don't bulge out of my skin, they are flat for the most part.
I can see them all on my palms/wrist/arms (front & back)/chest/pelvic area/thighs/feet/eyelids/and now they are starting on the front of my shins and neck. It's just kind of gross.
I'm also beginning to get a lot of purple spider veins on my arms.

I doubt it's anything with my heart since I've had it check multiple times. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the new ADD medicine I was prescribed...

I've also read something about pregnancy causing visible veins, but that is not it.

Speranza
10-07-13, 05:05
Have you lost weight? That could make them a little more visible.

I know that I am more aware of my veins when I feel anxious. It may be that nothing has changed - you could ask somebody who knows you. If they say they look just the same, try to believe them and realise it might be your perception that is different at the moment.

If you think they really have changed, I'd see a doctor to reassure you.

MayLorene
10-07-13, 21:05
I haven't lost any weight recently. My boyfriend & his mother told me last week that I am looking a bit more "veiny" lately. And my Urologist also pointed out that I'm very veiny. The veins don't necessarily hurt, but they're annoying. I've noticed some more today. I am pale, and I live in Alabama (the weather here during the summer is atrocious) so I'm considering those two things. I've also been recently prescribed 60mg of Vyvanse when I was originally taking 30mg. I am going back next week to tell my doctor I do not want this medicine anymore because I think they are also playing a role in my now visible vein issue.