PDA

View Full Version : lower abdominal pain

RVP
09-07-13, 00:01
This pain started this afternoon when I was about to eat, I felt slight discomfort in both lower right and lower left abdominal areas.
I went toilet and the pain comes and goes still.
I have been passing gas since then too, and it feels like I need the toilet but I don't need to go..
The pain isn't always there it comes and goes but it's a weird kind of pain, not so much hurting more of a discomfort feeling, and I was wearing shorts which after a while felt tight!
Slightly worried this is like appendix or something?

NeilSimpson
09-07-13, 00:06
I recently straine my ab muscles and I got that problem, I was so panicked I saw 3 different drs and all told me I was fine except the muscle lol

NEIL

RVP
09-07-13, 00:09
Hmm I did go to the gym today.. but this isn't a work out type of pain, it's a proper dull ache within the stomach, I feel bloated and gassed up too.
Are any of these signs of appendicitis? because that's my main worry.

NeilSimpson
09-07-13, 00:16
Appendix problems are only usually on the right side (I think) but im no dr LOL, but im more than sure its only on one side

RVP
09-07-13, 00:35
I just passed stools but they were very small..so that means I'm constipated right?
and that's also a sypmtom of appendicitis.

NeilSimpson
09-07-13, 00:41
I don't know about the stools part to be honest, if any advice i'd say head to the doctors, It still sounds like the pain I get though.

Oh my partner just said she suffered with appendicitis (and had them out) and the pain was unbearable, she said she was near enough unable to stand up.

RVP
09-07-13, 00:45
was the pain sudden and severe?
mine isn't so much pain just feels discfomfort is the best I can describe.. maybe the odd few pains but it's not severe.
Keep passing gas too and a general bloated feeling.
I can't really pinpoint location of discomfort but the middle and sometimes sides of my abdomin

NeilSimpson
09-07-13, 00:54
she said yeah it was, she keeled over straight off. Have you had anything fizzy to drink at all? The other thing is when I injured my muscles I injured the muscle that wraps around my lower body on the right, that caused my central ab muscle to overcompensate and subsequently, injure itself aswell

---------- Post added at 00:54 ---------- Previous post was at 00:53 ----------

Oh and have you eaten eggs recently? They can cause constipation and bad gas (personal experience here LOL)

RVP
09-07-13, 01:00
Well this is what I've eaten today..
Yesterday I had a BBQ
and yeah I did have eggs yesterday but I eat eggs quite regularly.
This morning I had weetabix then I went greggs and had something to eat and when I came home that's when I was feeling a slight discomfort
Today I haven't had anything fizzy, only water.

NeilSimpson
09-07-13, 01:14
Sounds like a better diet than mine LOL, maybe its something from the bbq? BBQ cooked food can always be a bit dodgy, I had one Saturday and luckily nothing happened to me this time, last time I had bad guts

RVP
09-07-13, 01:19
:P thanks for your help! I'll try and not think about it and get some sleep, this isn't the first time I've worried about my appendix, I'm always worried about that or a hernia.
P.S on top of the passing of gas all the time, I've been for a wee about 4x in the last 30mins! nervs? lol

NeilSimpson
09-07-13, 01:26
Yes mate exactly the same as me LOL, This conversation has helped me too so thank you aswell :)

---------- Post added at 01:26 ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 ----------

and yes its definatly nerves LOL

Geestar
09-07-13, 01:40
Just sounds like constipation/wind.
Everyone gets this from time to time.
Something you ate maybe? Eat things that contain fibre.

Hope u feel better soon :)

RVP
09-07-13, 01:48
Hi, I do normally, my diet consists of a lot of brown rice and sweet potatos, infact today I had chicken sweet potato and salad cream with normal potatos. This was my evening meal.

joelhall
09-07-13, 15:07
Doesn't sound anything like appendicitis.