PDA

View Full Version : When did we stop living so pure & naturally

Itsonlyme26
09-07-13, 09:36
I don't know wether this is anxiety or depression but I'll take it as both , with a bit of truth. Now with me I ain't like most people , who is , I always look for things way beneath the surface. When I do get beneath that surface I will try to get beneath that surface before I can accept it for what it appears to be , don't judge a thing/someone by its first appearance. Since I do this it has helped me figure out who and what people are by just talking to them a few times which I think should be obvious to most people. I have depression and anxiety which I take 40mg citalopram to help relieve the symptoms they bring upon me , which ain't nice but you do learn a lot from it. When I read self help books there is always only one question that comes to mind 'are we really this messed up?' which then leads me to believe that negative thinking is polluting the earth we live on ! Negative thinking only leads to negative feelings which will then turn into negative behaviour. I know it's hard to break that cycle I'm still a tiny bit in that cycle myself which I wish would just go away but I guess that's too much to ask , right ? I mean seriously look around you people are so involved with themselves now a days we've forgotten what it feels like to be cared for so therefor this leads us to not caring about anything/anyone. Most people do drugs wethere it's legal or illegal. Let's face it everyone just wants to get drunk and have a good because what else is there to do ? We all work at demanding jobs that take us away from friends and family so we become what we are afraid of being , which is lonely. What ever happened to living life pure ?

Want_to_break_free
09-07-13, 10:22
i think faith helps to answer those questions...

Itsonlyme26
09-07-13, 10:47
Faith in what ?

Want_to_break_free
09-07-13, 11:02
in a greater good.

inCOGnito
09-07-13, 12:49
I think you should keep digging. You're on the right track.

What is it that causes things to "messed up" and no longer pure and natural? In my opinion it is because there is a force driving our beliefs, thoughts and therefore our behaviours. It's called the ego.

cheshirecatqee
09-07-13, 12:51
Totally agree with you as I find that myself but also there are a lot of good people who are trying to make a difference and all we can do is help others where we can and also take responsibilities for ourself and lead as simple a life as possible.

inCOGnito
09-07-13, 13:48
I think you should keep digging. You're on the right track.

What is it that causes things to "messed up" and no longer pure and natural? In my opinion it is because there is a force driving our beliefs, thoughts and therefore our behaviours. It's called the ego.

meche
09-07-13, 13:49
I had to read this a couple of times before I got it. Yeh - life can get pretty messed up sometimes but I really believe that life is about the choices we make. We choose our own destiny and our own path.