PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety off the scale

Hekattee
09-07-13, 12:10
Hi everyone, so glad to have found this forum :) I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder in 2003, when I suffered a major breakdown after a personal tragedy. I've been on Prozac and Lamotrigine for some time, but lately I have found myself getting more and more anxious about everything. I even check my dogs and cats when they are asleep to make sure they are still breathing. This anxiety is also triggering all sorts of health symptoms, I also have fibromyalgia which is being made worse by all this worrying. I got to the end of my tether last week, and I phoned my psychiatrist who has given me some diazepam to see me through this rough patch, and I also had an appointment with the consultant yesterday. I suggested that my current meds may not be working for me anymore, so now I'm being weaned off the Prozac - I've been on 60 mg but going down to 40 as from today, then down to 20 next week. The week after, I'm going to be starting Effexor 37.5 and she will see me again when I've been taking it for 2 weeks. Once I'm stable on Effexor, the next stage is to change from Lamotrigine to Lyrica, as that will also help with the fibro. She is also going to refer me to a psychologist. I have tried a group called 'stop and think' before, but I found that it was too rigid and regimented, and this made me even more stressed. So fingers crossed and see what happens over the next few weeks.

inCOGnito
09-07-13, 22:07
Good luck. You'll get through it :)