PDA

View Full Version : My dog is being spayed tomorrow, mega anxious!

GirlAfraid23
09-07-13, 16:19
So she's being spayed during the day - we don't have a specific time.

I'm going to be worrying about her all day at work :( I'm worried I might break down in tears or something.

Any words of encouragement?

Speranza
09-07-13, 16:22
I felt just the same with my cats, and they were absolutely fine. Remember, animals aren't sitting there dreading things happening, they are pretty Zen. Give your girl a lovely evening, or she will pick up your nerves and will be sad. Picture picking her up tomorrow and fussing her. It is a very routine op, and you are doing a good thing for her health. She will be okay!! Just tell somebody how you are feeling - people are usually pretty understanding about pets. Please let us know how she gets on. xx

GirlAfraid23
09-07-13, 16:47
Thanks for your reply.
I just have these visions of them calling up and saying she died on the operating table or her heart gave out or something.
:(
It's the anxiety again!

Speranza
09-07-13, 16:51
I was exactly the same, and have been every time my elderly cat has a procedure. I suspect they are even more careful than human surgeons and anaesthetists to be honest!

Magic
09-07-13, 17:16
It will be all right Girlafraid. You must not be afraid of crying anyway.
All the best:hugs:

GirlAfraid23
09-07-13, 17:52
It will be all right Girlafraid. You must not be afraid of crying anyway.
All the best:hugs:

I know but not at work really! It wouldn't look great.

shakey1961
11-07-13, 04:19
Please tell us all how your dog got on at the vets. I think we're all waiting.

Hope she (and you) are OK

GirlAfraid23
11-07-13, 15:04
Hi,

She is fine, just a little sore and weak.
I was a wreck all day! Glad she's home now :)

Penni
11-07-13, 15:17
I completely understand how you feel, I was exactly the same when my cats had to be done. My vet was great though as phoned me when op was done and were more than happy for me too ring them back if I was worried.

Speranza
11-07-13, 17:51
Aw great! So pleased she is okay - and you as well!

You just reminded me Penni, my elderly cat had to have an emergency scan while I was away once - the vet rang me on my mobile to say, "She's fine! She seemed really interested in it all, and we let her look at her tummy on the screen!"

It conjured up such a funny mental image, and reassured me that they are as daft about animals as I am! :)