PDA

View Full Version : Teenage Lymphoma Fear

Andy699
09-07-13, 20:20
Hello again everyone!

I had a huge hypertension fear last week but went to the docs and said all is fine. He said he couldn't find a single thing wrong with me seeing as I'm only 19.

It's been 4 days now and I felt fine... until this morning. I woke up and got into the shower. As I was washing my hair I felt a lump.

I'm now convinced I have lymphoma! It's only one bump I can feel but it's not even on my neck. It's on the back of my head, above my neck. I don't have any other symptoms, no night sweats, fevers, weight loss, NOTHING!

I've only got short hair so I asked my mom to check it out and she said it was just a pimple! She said it was red. Someone please help! I feel so stupid, all of my friends have been out today enjoying the summer and I didn't even leave the house because of how scared I am.

Does this sound like lymphoma?!?!

joelhall
09-07-13, 20:28
Nope, nothing like lymphoma.

Andy699
09-07-13, 20:32
Like, is it rare? What would the symptoms most likey be?

joelhall
09-07-13, 20:43
Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma accounts for 2.8% of all cancers, leukaemias account for 2.1%. They're relatively rare, depending on type, which differ with age. ALL is most common in children, for example.

Without wishing to offend you, while I know the signs, symptoms and investigation findings of the leukaemias, I wouldn't feel comfortable telling you what they are. You certainly aren't describing anything which resembles them.

Andy699
09-07-13, 20:50
Thank you so much! I feel so stupid, my parents keep saying to me "how can you possibly think you have cancer from having a pimple on your scalp?!" I need to start trusting doctors, I've seen about 4 now who can't find anything wrong with me... it's just so difficult though if you know what I mean? :)

joelhall
09-07-13, 20:53
I know exactly what you mean. The worst thing you can ever do though is read up on symptoms... it' the best way to actually have them! :winks:

Andy699
09-07-13, 20:57
I completely agree. How often do you suffer from your HA? Mine always comes in waves, I could go a week being completely relaxed and then suddenly have 5 days of complete panic and worry

joelhall
09-07-13, 20:58
I don't have HA, I have a panic disorder, and only realy worry about those when they happen.