PDA

View Full Version : think i've cracked it!!.. :) fingers crossed!!..

farley1109
09-07-13, 20:42
Hi all,

Sooo I've been suffering health anxiety for the last 9 months they have been the worst 9 months of my life!.. I'm 26 mum of 1 and have visited the doctor nearly once every 2 weeks for the last 9 months and a&e twice. have had these tests laparoscopy, endoscopy and colonoscopy, abdominal ultrasound, ECG, chest x-ray, numerous blood tests!.. everything always comes back fine!.. (which is great but always felt disappointed as I just wanted something to show as I have the pains)

well today I had a great visit with my Dr we went through my medical history the past year all the visits to her, what I thought was wrong i,e cancer/diseases I've had (yep I've diagnosed myself with a brain tumour, bowel cancer, ovarian cancer, breast cancer that's spread, lyme disease you name it I've probably had it lol) and I finally agreed that's it's all health anxiety and I'm not going to die, the pains are real, but not for long I AM GOING TO BEAT THIS!!!!.. this is the first time I've actually believed its all down to health anxiety and I'm going to be OK! and so are all of you... normally I'd leave the doctors and book another appointment on the way out as I didn't feel my Dr did enough in this appointment!!.. well not today, today I left smiling!!.. I WILL BEAT THIS!!.. :D wish me luck...

---------- Post added at 20:42 ---------- Previous post was at 20:26 ----------

also if anyone would like to chat/share stories feel free to inbox me!.. :)

RosieXXX
09-07-13, 20:46
I wish you all the very best chandy. Make sure you stay away from google and self checking. It is great you can recognise health anxiety for what it is, it really is difficult to take a step back from it all, but i am sure you will beat it.

farley1109
09-07-13, 21:01
thank you Rosie, I haven't felt this good in a very long time! I just wouldn't except it was all down to health anxiety always thought I was going to die of some serious illness!!.. I have a exercise regime I'm starting tomorrow along with a healthy diet and try to get an early night for once.. :) I'm not googles friend anymore!.. I will keep you updated with how I'm getting on.. but I've got a good feeling and will not let this beat me.. i wish you luck too xx

RosieXXX
09-07-13, 21:26
Please do let me know how you get on. It is great you are starting a healthy life style regime it makes you feel a whole lot more positive about everything x

chantelle
09-07-13, 22:09
Best of luck chandy......you will beat this and all those imagined health problems will be in your past xxx

Speranza
09-07-13, 22:25
That is great! Was it a different doctor? How wonderful that you felt 'heard' and that this helped you to move on! :)

farley1109
10-07-13, 10:30
Hi speranza, no it was the same doc but this time somehow she got through!.. lol.. am in a good place today didnt wake up in a state of panic!.. :) thanks chantelle hopefully it continues.. xxx

farley1109
16-07-13, 13:04
Yayyyy had my breast ultrasound for my lump all is good!.. :) no breast cancer Pheeeew!.. since I've posted this thread I'm doing much better only had minor anxiety over the breast lump but now I've got the all clear I can truly focus on getting better!.. feeling positive :)

meche
16-07-13, 16:11
Big hugs Chandy - I had the all clear for a breast lump last October so know exactly how you are feeling. A real life health scare which helped me on the road to recovery. You're definitely heading in the right direction. Acceptance is the key which also worked for me. This time last year I had all the same diseases you had and guess what - I'm still here! Strange? Not really! Good luck on your journey & keep being positive. xx

farley1109
16-07-13, 20:25
thanks meche!.. :) glad your recovered!.. xx

farley1109
20-07-13, 13:33
So its been 11 days since posting this thread and its been the best 11 days in 9 months!.. mixed with the citalopram, avoiding google, thinking positive and the all clear from my breast lump I am feeling great!.. :) :) long may it continue!. This site has been a great help too!.. xx

RosieXXX
20-07-13, 14:39
Great news Chandy - i am sure you will continue to go from strength to strength xx

backfromthebrink
20-07-13, 15:31
chandy, woah, that sounds like me over the past 7mnths.

I've even had the laparoscopy too, and they did find endometriosis. Anyway, I'd like to know more of your story so I'll PM you…

farley1109
20-07-13, 17:17
Hi backfromthebrink, yes PM me anytime!.. would love to hear your story too!.. xx

jayjoe18
20-07-13, 17:50
That's brilliant! I wish you all the best on your road to recovery and I'm proof that it's absolutely possible to overcome health anxiety, trust me it can be done! Good luck :hugs:

farley1109
22-07-13, 20:06
Thanks jayjoe!.. I really hope so!!.. well done for getting over HA!.. :)

pepperutchie
28-07-13, 11:40
Good luck Chandy ...your post does sound like me, though iam still in this cycle for months now,just dont know where to pick my self up.

farley1109
28-07-13, 22:43
thanks pepperutchie!.. :) I hope one day you can get over it! its very hard!!.. im now on day 19 and still doing well.. nearly all symptoms have gone and am in a good place!!.. :) so glad I opted to try the citalopram.. its worked wonders for me!.. if you need to chat give us a PM.. xxx

farley1109
10-08-13, 15:54
Heya guys,

Just a quick update I'm on day 33 now and feeling 90% better!.. havent had 1 trip to the doctors or don't have any booked for future weeks like I would normally do!.. still have the odd ache n pain but ignore it and it disappears!.. I'm a lot happier and doing more things and looking forward to the future.. :)

Hope everyones ok? Xx

Dreink77
10-08-13, 16:14
Thats so great Chandy!!!! You sound so happy and upbeat. Thats gotta feel great! Im so happy for you!

I think you have figured something out at least that I didnt know. We all need to have a positive outlook. And realize it is the anxiety that makes us feel that way. We all need to say to ourselves "I will beat this and I will not let it bring me down!"

Thank you for posting this my fingers are crossed for you. And for everyone else here. :yahoo:

farley1109
20-08-13, 23:54
Thanks Dreink.. I'm still doing really well.. day 43 now!!.. haven't googled, no doctors appointments feeling great!!.. :) hope you can be in the same place as me soon!.. xx

Fishmanpa
21-08-13, 00:00
Hi Chandy,

Congrats on the breakthrough! Was there an "ah hah" moment during your visit that did it? What was it, besides going through your history that made the light bulb go off?

"T"

farley1109
21-08-13, 00:08
Hi Fishmanpa,

I think the way the doctor explained things to me, went through the history, we had a laugh and It didn't feel like the usual uncomfortable docs app thinking she's not going to listen etc... also seeing my history and the things I thought I had and the amount of time I've wasted on these appointments, surgery and google i dunno something just clicked!.. and I said enough is enough lifes to short so if I was going to die soon I want to live it lol!!.. xx

Fishmanpa
21-08-13, 00:10
Thanks for the insight. Continued success and positive thoughts!

"T"