PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety problems

Jordan112
10-07-13, 00:43
I've been suffering from anxiety since 2007 after my best friend died suddenly (I was 15) I am 21, it has been a rough ride. I received CBT without the need of anti depressants, everything was going great. My grandmother died of cancer, I felt very traumatised afterwards, before she died my CBT therapist said I was good enough to be "discharged"

2 months after I began to take panic attacks again, I was in the car with my family, I thought I was going to die there and then. I had to quit my college course because of the panic attacks. From then I was on various anti depressants mostly they didn't agree. I took mirtazapine for one year for panic attacks and depression. I got a lot better thanks to the tablets!

Fast forward to 2010, I was in a job, working away happily and earning a good income. I always felt very depressed and the panic attacks came back. I had to leave my job because of it.

Last year I was experiencing derealisation and depersonalisation daily for 4 months, one day I woke up and it just disappeared. I have lost friends due to anxiety because they always say "oh your looking for attention when you take a panic attack" I'm to go on holidays at the end of this month for 2 weeks, but I feel very afraid of taking panic attacks on the aircraft, my anxiety is through the roof thanks to it, and added pressures of trying to keep control of my anxiety.

I frequently go to sleep when it's light outside as it feels like a safety device. I usually end up having body jolts which makes me panic a lot. I don't find CBT useful at the moment, it's just revision and the same techniques I have been tought to deal with this. There are times I feel like admitting myself to hospital for a break from it. My appointments are CBT vary from once every 2 weeks to now I've been waiting for my next one 3 months later with no word back. I have been chasing the appointments up.

Has anyone ever experienced the thought of admitting yourself into hospital to get better fast than sit and wait ages.

Sorry for the long starter.

Speranza
10-07-13, 05:02
I wonder if you have been back to your GP to discuss this? It may be that you could take something for a little while to help with the flying for example. It's not good to be anxious for so long without talking to somebody, and your doctor will be better able to have an overview and be there for you as you recover.

jackie13
10-07-13, 07:45
Hi Hun

Sorry to hear that you are suffering at the moment.

Think it would be good to go and have a chat with your GP. Fighting anxiety is horrible, but the fight is what keeps your anxiety there. Try and not fight it will loose its power. There is a brilliant book that really helped me you can get it on kindle it's called "I have a life". It's a brilliant book! Please try and get it, it will really help you:) your fear of the plane journey is very common, but just imagine how good you will feel when you are at the other end.

Sending you big hugs xx