PDA

View Full Version : Feel like I'm having a stroke

xvolatileheart
10-07-13, 02:36
I'm sitting in class and my head felt like it was going to float away. I felt so weird and out of it, then my heart started pounding and my left side felt weak. I walked out of class, drank some water, then sat down for a while to try and calm down. I got myself relatively calmed down but now I feel so weak and tired, like I'm going to fall asleep or lose consciousness. I hate this feeling so much. I'm 24 and supposedly healthy but I have these horrible symptoms everyday that can't possibly be normal. I'm so exhausted, when will this end? :weep:

Speranza
10-07-13, 05:00
It's not 'normal' - unless you are suffering from anxiety. What does the doctor say; do you take any meds or use any calming techniques?

xvolatileheart
10-07-13, 06:56
The doctor says its just anxiety/panic but she hasn't done any tests besides basic bloods and I requested an ECG and ECHO (all normal). Of course there are so many other things it could be, which I know are unlikely, but who knows? The only thing I'm anxious about is feeling like I'm going to die. I still work/go to school full time and carry on with life as normal, but I have worrying symptoms everyday. I haven't tried medication because I still don't feel like it's just anxiety. I try all the calming techniques but it doesn't make the symptoms stop.

Sorry for rambling! I'm having a bad few days and feel so fed up.

Speranza
10-07-13, 07:11
That is a little like not taking Lemsip because it might be more than a cold... I hope you have a better day today. x

joelhall
10-07-13, 15:10
Your symptoms don't sound anything like a stroke.

xvolatileheart
10-07-13, 23:45
Thank you for the reassurance. I'm so busy and stressed right now that I think it's taking a toll on me. I used to be able to handle all kinds of stress and now I'm pathetic, any little thing makes me feel like I'm falling apart.

Speranza
11-07-13, 09:01
And if you are wrong..? And anxiety is causing the symptoms..?