PDA

View Full Version : Not again please...

NeilSimpson
10-07-13, 11:23
Hi all,

Ill keep this brief, I was quite fine with my HA last week so thought all was good, weekend was good, today... Bang in with bowel cancer fears.

Basically I keep getting diarrhea although I have been drinking some since HA was diagnosed and we have had a string of birthday parties, no blood or anything, the occasional abdo pain but sure that's because of my HA. Anyway my dad told me yesterday that my granddad had bowel cancer and that they cleared it and he got the all clear (although died of heart attack that night, he was mid 70s), and someone told me if a family member has had it then im gonna get it at some point, so now, freaked out. Ive been to 3 different drs in the past 3 months, all gave me abdominal examinations, all fine, and my blood tests all came back fine so am I just being a plonk on this?

NEIL xxx

joelhall
10-07-13, 15:59
someone told me if a family member has had it then im gonna get it at some point
Who told you this?

AlexandriaUK
10-07-13, 18:25
Why do some people try their best to scare HA sufferers by telling them stories, that's not true, bowel cancer like all cancers except some breast cancers are not hereditary ie just because some one else got it doesn't mean you will definitely get it..
Bowel cancer is very detectable so if doc says no then listen to him, its also usually an older persons cancer that's why they don't start testing for it till your 60.

NeilSimpson
10-07-13, 20:07
Someone i don't really know that well but looked on the nhs site and it said it increases the risk, which didn't help. I did have normal stool earlier but then I had a curry I cooked (YUM, I cook Asian) and then a bit more diarrhea came out, small amount but normal In colour, just sick of looking down the toilet everytime I go now and checking the paper after wiping. Its got to the point where im swiring poo around the toilet to look for blood, never find any, closest I got was red pepper once LOL, damn home cooked chow mein

NEIL

SarahH
10-07-13, 20:13
I shouldn't laugh but your last sentence was funny.

BUT HA is not funny. Please try to stay calm. If the Dr's have done tests and say all is OK then it is!!!!

joelhall
10-07-13, 20:14
If it's hereditary it increases risk. But if he's the only one in the family to have it, then the chances of it being a hereditary risk are remote. I would recommend you stop swirling the stools around though - you certainly don't want a nasty GI infection!

NeilSimpson
10-07-13, 20:42
Im always happy when I make people laugh sarah so I thank you :)

Thing is I know theres nothing wrong serious anyway with me, but just wish that my dr would stop blaming everything on HA, whether it is or not, I want/need reassurance, tomorrow I have an appointment at 9:10am and if I say 'I have this' and he says 'Its HA related', He WILL get a face full of PROVE IT TO ME THEN! Surely if I feel this bad then they should AT LEAST run me a scan or some more in-detail bloods? God knows how much ive payed tax/ni over the years but I know its more than there tests cost...

Worst comes to worst I could always ask for my money back and go bupa LOL :)

NEIL

---------- Post added at 20:21 ---------- Previous post was at 20:20 ----------

LOL whats worse? a GI infection or giving your wife a hug after on her 23rd birthday and she finds out LOL

NEIL

---------- Post added at 20:42 ---------- Previous post was at 20:21 ----------

I didn't, by the way LOL

NEIL