PDA

View Full Version : Painful shoulder/neck

shazbog
10-07-13, 11:57
Hi everyone - used to be on this site some years ago but have been good for a long time - possibly as just over 5 years ago was diagnosed with breast cancer and was discharged in March telling me to go live my life ......

However now having a major meltdown about my neck/shoulder/arm pain - am convincing myself that it is come back to bones ...... Stressing myself terribly and making it worse ...... It feels like my muscles are soooooo tensed up and is giving me a slight headache because it is tense at base of skull - I spoke to a very good friend who is a massage therapist and she felt my muscles and said they are awfully tense - would stress give me these symptoms - I am otherwise in good health apart from being tired but I think that is because I am constantly tensed up - my oncologist has reassured me lots of times that as a triple negative my breast cancer was unlikely to recu but this is just foremost in my mind all the time ...... It isn't the only symptom of stress and anxiety - I feel like I am losing interest in everything at the moment and find it hard to concentrate and get on with things -

Could someone reassure me that tension is capable of causing these aches and pains I am suffering at the moment ......

Speranza
10-07-13, 12:51
Yes of course. I can't reassure you re the cancer but I can certainly say I've never had cancer and I get the exact same pains. :hugs:

Mr m anxious
10-07-13, 22:50
Hi shazbog
Yeah those muscle pains are a big sign of anxiety, read my story or look up charlieM's. I have muscle spasms on my left neck, shoulder and arm, had this for nearly six months. I've had lots of tests and have seen neurologist, he said having tense muscles for a while will make then ache. I'm going for acupunture next Monday to try and get rid of my aches. I consider my ha very low at the moment but left with these symptoms due to months of worry and tension. My nerves are sore know but are showing signs of improvement.

hheavenlyangel
14-07-13, 12:00
Most definitely. The whole right side of my neck, shoulder and arm ache nearly all the time. I have tension headaches most days. If the Dr is giving you the all clear then I would book myself in for an hour long massage to help relieve the stress. xx

applewine
23-08-13, 15:26
I have head / jaw / neck shoulder pain. I believe it is called myofascial trigger points. It is a complicated subject. I'm on this forum for another symptom though because google brought me here.Do a search for Paul Ingraham and read that. Also look for diagrams and referral patterns. You may have trigger points.