PDA

View Full Version : Normal smear but still in pain

Cat80
10-07-13, 12:23
I had an ultrasound in January as I was experiencing lower abdominal pain and sharp pain in my lower right back, like a stabbing which would take my breath away. The ultrasound was normal other than it showed a bulky/enlarged cervix. I had a smear test and that was normal so Dr didn't really do anything else other than say oh must be ibs.

I am still in pain now and it's exhausting me. It comes and goes but been pretty constant. Have had every IBS med going, colpermin, mebeverine, buscopan etc and nothing helps with the pain, neither do cocodomol. Just wish I knew what was going on.

I've just started volunteer work but its starting to effect that now as pain is just always there. I have had IBS for years but just worried its connected to the bulky cervix all this pain. Dr says she thinks I may have a fibroid on my cervix but just to leave it. Just very fed up :weep:

Speranza
10-07-13, 12:47
tbh I think I might go and chat to another doctor. I can't imagine how painful a fibroid on the cervix must be! :ohmy:

bronte
11-07-13, 00:11
hi cat80 i also suffer from a enlarged bulky cervix and have suffered loads of pelvic pain vaginal pain but ive just found out that my pelvic pain is more back related but because the consultant told me i had a bulky cervix i obsessed abot it and blamed that my pains are like period pains sometimes i have relaxed pelvic muscles that doesnt help and ibs and irritable bladder too

Cat80
11-07-13, 18:55
hi cat80 i also suffer from a enlarged bulky cervix and have suffered loads of pelvic pain vaginal pain but ive just found out that my pelvic pain is more back related but because the consultant told me i had a bulky cervix i obsessed abot it and blamed that my pains are like period pains sometimes i have relaxed pelvic muscles that doesnt help and ibs and irritable bladder too

That is just how I am!! I get pelvic pain very like period pain, lower back pain, ibs type pain. Sometimes queasy. I just wish I knew what was going on with me and if a bulky cervix can be normal.

joelhall
11-07-13, 19:23
Firbomyomas usually shrink and disappear on their own. I'd assume your doctor doesn't want to jump for surgery too quickly for this reason.