PDA

View Full Version : Chest pain

Barrie
10-07-13, 12:37
Hi my names Barrie I am 27 for the last two weeks I have been having chest pain over my heart and sternum area as well as sides and right hand side of my chest it's really starting to worry me, I have this week started to get pain like a tingly numb feeling in my left arm right down to my fingers and arms and legs are both achey also having pain in my neck. Is it possible that it is all anxiety related or that it's a psycholoigal thing it's really Starying to scare me

Speranza
10-07-13, 13:03
Hi Barry, it is perfectly possible - indeed likely - to be anxiety. You've had it a while now and nothing terrible has happened. However personally, I would always get a doctor to check me out if I had a new pain which felt as bad as that. It is also possible that you have pulled a muscle, tensed up because of the pain, and that has set up a cycle of pain/anxiety. I think it is REALLY UNLIKELY to be anything other than that but hey, I'm not a doctor, get it seen. ;)

Barrie
10-07-13, 13:12
Thank you Julian I think it's more likely to be anxiwty and two weeks ago I was stretching and doing work on my car and stuff and that. Also I don't get hardly any exercise so that doesn't help I just keep thinking when I get it that's its heart problems

Speranza
10-07-13, 13:41
It sounds as though it exactly coincides with that stretching, doesn't it. I'm sure you wll be fine.

Barrie
10-07-13, 14:09
I've just been running about having a kick around and that has made the pain in my chest worse this must mean it is muscle pain right?

Speranza
10-07-13, 15:06
It strongly implies it!

Barrie
11-07-13, 17:28
I went to the doctor today and the pains that I've been experiencing in my chest are down to acid reflux

Speranza
11-07-13, 17:40
Oh wow! Well done for going. Now you see why I'm not a doctor! ;)

Barrie
11-07-13, 18:46
Well I hope it is acid reflux but he seemed pretty sure and said muscle pain and anxiety is linked in with it

bm2001
11-07-13, 20:15
Hey Barrie, i just wanted to let you know that i have the same chest thing a lot and one of my doctors told me about a condition called costochondritis. it can cause all of the symptoms you have. It has to do with the cartiledge in your ribs and can be caused by repetative movement and moving your muscles funny. Google it. It might make you feel better.

Barrie
12-07-13, 09:48
That could be but I get the pain over my heart and sternum area as wells arms and shoulders and back too, for the last two days I have had head pain and neck pain but could this be because I've been stressing myself out about this for two weeks and now I'm more relaxed the pain is coming out more

Barrie
13-07-13, 08:02
I have been diagnosed with acid reflux but for the last 3 days I have woken up with really bad headaches head pain it's really starting to worry me

Speranza
13-07-13, 08:36
Are you drinking enough fluids in this hot weather? We Brits get dehydrated really easily because we forget! Killer headaches - a hangover is a dehydration headache, after all! Try drinking a glass of water every hour. x

Barrie
13-07-13, 09:59
I take omeprazole for acid reflux I was wondering can I take nurofen for the painful headaches that I am getting

times71
13-07-13, 10:18
Hi Barrie. I used to suffer with acid reflux badly. Certain foods caused it like biscuits for example. Another question which may seem odd.. do you take artificial sweeteners?

Barrie
13-07-13, 10:35
I have done in the past last time was probably two weeks ago othr then that no

gem7
13-07-13, 16:01
for the past week or so i have been having chest pain and also my heart been beating really fast like its coming out my chest it not a nice feeling i think what cause chest pain is anxiety :hugs:

Barrie
14-07-13, 09:28
I have two questions:
I have never had acid reflux before and don't know why I have it.
I am taking omeprazole prescribed by my doctor I am wondering after taking the tablets should the symptoms of acid reflux go completely

Speranza
14-07-13, 09:31
Mine did, it was miraculous! I really thought I was stuck with it, I'd had it for ages. I don't even take the tablets any more.

---------- Post added at 09:31 ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 ----------

Barry, go into Boots and ask the pharmacist about drug interactions. They know their stuff.

Barrie
14-07-13, 09:35
How many tablets were you prescribed and what is drug interactions

Barrie
05-08-13, 11:54
Since I was At hospital and was told nothing is wrong I felt do much better and have to sets of medication one lorazepam and I firgot the other one but today since I been back at work I'm feelng really anxious again and feeling the odd pain in chest and back