PDA

View Full Version : Taking a step back? x

donna x
10-07-13, 13:00
I basically just want to know I am not alone.... I have been suffering with health anxiety for the past 18 months. This year things improved and I was discharged by my mental health nurse and the doctor reduced my medication. I am now having a blip (I hope). I am really emotional all the time and with every pain I think I am dying. I have worked hard to see light and the end of the tunnel so I don't want to go back, I just dont understand where this has came from. x

RosieXXX
10-07-13, 18:07
Hello donna,

It is good to hear you have made an improvement this year, and i am sure you will continue to improve.

It is great you have seen light at the end of the tunnel; you have no doubt acquired some good coping techniques along the way, which you must continue to draw upon to help you through this rough patch. The road to recovery isn't an easy one, and there are bound to be a few blips along the way, but it doesn't mean you are taking a big step back.

Don't struggle alone with this either, if you feel you need a little more support from your doctor then don't be afraid to ask, and don't feel you are failing in anyway if you do so. It can take time to find the right level of medication - the most important thing is that you are able to decide from the way you are feeling if you need a little more support until you feel settled again.

I hope you will be feeling better soon x

donna x
11-07-13, 14:07
Thanks for your reply Rosie, you are so right. I need to use what I have learnt and not think about this blip as a bad thing as I am still in a better place than where I was this time last year. I'm going to make an appointment with the doctor to discuss because maybe my medication is not working anymore. I think I would find all this alot easier if there was a reason to why I'm feeling like this. All the reasons which I thought affected my anxiety in the beginning are all away now, I made the changes. The road to recovery is a lot of hard work but we all have to think positive and we will get there. xx