PDA

View Full Version : I need help

realn
10-07-13, 20:17
Hey guys, I don't think my case is as common as one you guys usually come across. I'll tell you my story.

I am currently 20 years old and for the majority of my life I've been considered a pretty cool kid. I'm good at various sports, I love music, and I have a really large passion for fashion. I've also always been a pretty smart kid as well, but I hate school.

I graduated 2 years ago, and was supposed to go to community college, but I've been lying to my parents about it ever since. I attended community college for only half a year in actuality. Not to mention, I am of Indian descent...so you know how big of a factor school is considered in my parents life.

But for nearly the past year, I have been working on a clothing line and I feel like this is what I wanna do with my life. My dream is to be a great fashion designer and entrepeneur in general. Even if the clothing line isn't as successful as I dream, it may lead me to other roads I want to go down with my life.

Okay so my problem is, I feel extremely lonely now and I don't feel like the old me at all. I lost my job a couple months ago and I'm not attending school, so I don't really have too much to do with my time. On top of that, I've been lying to my parents for so long and I have to tell them some sort of truth and I have a short deadline.

I always end up spending my time alone at home, just laying around. I used to have so many friends, but now I only have two real friends and I feel like even we're starting to lose our connection a little because I just feel sad all the time and I don't have too much to talk about. I know my life may be a lot better when my clothing line releases in a couple months, but for now I feel horrible. I used to always be a funny character, cheering up people around me. Now I just feel like a lame and like I completely lost my sense of humor. A couple months ago I felt so confident about everything, saying to myself "I don't need school, I'm gonna prove everyone wrong with the clothing line". Now I keep doubting myself, I lost my confidence, and I just can't seem to get back in the groove of things. I'm getting really scared because I keep thinking, what if I can't snap myself out of this and I'm permanently in this state? I used to be such a cool person that everyone loved. I hate saying I used to be, because I feel like I still am somewhere deep inside, but I just can't get it out of me.

I'm saying to myself, once I find a job or once my clothing line comes out, and I have more things to do to occupy my time and I'm around people more often again, I'll begin to feel like myself. But what if thats not the case? What if I continue to be this lame, unfunny character I've turned into today?

Please respond with any advice or just thoughts on my situation. I'd rather be told the honest truth I need to hear rather than a bold-faced lie. But do take into consideration I am depressed. Thank you guys for hearing me out in advance.

chantelle
10-07-13, 20:41
Hi there....reading your post it sounded like me you were talking about except I'm 45!!! Some day this sadness will lift, your clothing line will be a success and your parents will understand why you had to do what you did!!!
You still are that confident person...it's just the depression that makes you doubt yourself. I too am lacking in confidence and as I teach it's hard to sometimes get through a day but now I am off for 2 weeks holidays and I feel like I've lost some structure in my life and hope to feel more confident when I start back to work.
Good luck....just accept that this is a bad patch you are going through, but you will recover and life will be good again - even better than before as you will treasure every day. You are only starting out at 20 and you have plenty of time to make new friends. You could try to find a community course locally to help you fill some time and to meet new friends. xxx
PM me any time

Stormsky
10-07-13, 20:48
Not sure why you think your case is uncommon, peoples stories differ, but the symptoms of Anx and depression are the same..
Keeping up a lie to your parents must be a huge strain, and not helping your current situation I'm sure.
You say your depressed, which explains all the symptoms, the loss of interest, the doubts setting in.
You need to see your gp ideally, start there, then consider coming clean with everything to your parents...it's going to come out eventually, so leaving it longer isn't of any benefit to you in the long run.