PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever gotten a sinus x-ray before?

anxious_thoughts
10-07-13, 20:37
Hello,

I have to get a sinus x-ray some time next week but I'm so nervous. I have brain tumour anxiety, and most recently it seems like every time I lie down I get head pressure so I have to sleep in almost a sitting up position. I also get head pressure, pain in head, and a tightness in my eyes when I look down, or look up with my head tilted back.

I'm just worried that for the x-ray they will have me laying down when I can't do it :( Anyone can tell me how the procedure goes? It would be greatly appreciated :hugs:

avasnana
10-07-13, 20:47
Hi,

I have had 2 scans of my sinuses and it really isn't anything to worry about. It is all over in a few minutes. You lay down on a bed and the machine does the scan, I was worried the first time, but honestly you will be fine.

kittikat
10-07-13, 20:53
I had a sinus operation quite a few years ago as I had terrible bouts of sinusitis over a long period of time. The x-ray if I recall was done in a sitting up position with your chin and head resting on a bar.

The symptoms you describe sound very much like those I experienced. Head pressure and pain is a very common sinus symptom.

Try not to worry, the x-ray will be fine and hopefully put your mind at rest.

I hope all goes well for you. Good luck, Kitti :)

anxious_thoughts
11-07-13, 00:08
Hi,

I have had 2 scans of my sinuses and it really isn't anything to worry about. It is all over in a few minutes. You lay down on a bed and the machine does the scan, I was worried the first time, but honestly you will be fine.

Thanks for the reply :)

Ugh, I really hope I don't have to lie down. The pressure really makes me nervous :(

---------- Post added at 19:08 ---------- Previous post was at 19:07 ----------

I had a sinus operation quite a few years ago as I had terrible bouts of sinusitis over a long period of time. The x-ray if I recall was done in a sitting up position with your chin and head resting on a bar.

The symptoms you describe sound very much like those I experienced. Head pressure and pain is a very common sinus symptom.

Try not to worry, the x-ray will be fine and hopefully put your mind at rest.

I hope all goes well for you. Good luck, Kitti :)

Thanks so much for replying. :)
I really hope all places have the sitting up x-ray instead of having to lie down. Did you get a lot of head pressure when lying down?

kittikat
11-07-13, 00:15
Yes I did, I was in a lot of pain too...very uncomfortable and pain in face around eyes too...hope you feel better soon xx

Magic
11-07-13, 09:27
I had an Xray for the same thing. I was standing up to have it done. Maybe hospitals have different methods.

swajj
11-07-13, 10:20
I've had one done and I didn't have to lie down. It turned out that one side of my sinuses was badly infected. The xray was very quick. Do you by any chance feel sore when you touch your eyebrow area? The head pressure and sore eyebrow area were my first symptoms. My friend had a sinus infection which caused her back tooth to ache. She went to the dentist and he could find nothing wrong with her tooth and from there the doctor sent her for an xray of her sinuses. Evidently toothache can also be a symptom. Don't worry about the xray it will be over in no time.

anxious_thoughts
11-07-13, 15:33
Yes I did, I was in a lot of pain too...very uncomfortable and pain in face around eyes too...hope you feel better soon xx

Thanks so much for letting me know what you went through xx
I get pain in my cheeks, and I noticed that if I look down I get tightness around my eyes. It really scares me!

Thanks again, take care xx

---------- Post added at 10:28 ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 ----------

I had an Xray for the same thing. I was standing up to have it done. Maybe hospitals have different methods.

I so hope mine is also standing up!:unsure:

---------- Post added at 10:33 ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 ----------

I've had one done and I didn't have to lie down. It turned out that one side of my sinuses was badly infected. The xray was very quick. Do you by any chance feel sore when you touch your eyebrow area? The head pressure and sore eyebrow area were my first symptoms. My friend had a sinus infection which caused her back tooth to ache. She went to the dentist and he could find nothing wrong with her tooth and from there the doctor sent her for an xray of her sinuses. Evidently toothache can also be a symptom. Don't worry about the xray it will be over in no time.

Thanks you for replying. :)
Makes me feel better see that others have had an X-ray standing up and that our symptoms are so much alike. I do get pain when I press on my eyebrows, did your head pressure worsen with movement?
I'm surprised that a sinus infection can cause a toothache, our body does some weird things, haha

Seems like I've had a sinus infection since April. I had a really bad cold that lasted a month and a half, and ever since I haven't been able to get rid of the phlegm in my throat and stuffy nose. I'm using a sinus nasal spray but I don't think it's working! I'm really hoping the X-ray reveals I have a sinus infection.

Thanks again xx