PDA

View Full Version : Even you lot will be sick of hearing this soon :(

LF87
10-07-13, 20:47
I'm freaking over my mouth again. I'm so convinced there's something wrong. I've got a couple little sores on my tongue now. You can't see them really, just hurt if you brush your teeth past. I'm also convinced I've found a new lump on my tongue. But family said they can't see anything. I was only at the doctor's on Monday. I'm thinking I might book a dentist appointment instead, save myself the embarrassment of going back. Does anyone else get stuff like this? My mum thinks I keep getting stuff because I've always got my fingers in my mouth. Which is true, I do always have my tongue stuck out, poking it and checking for anything. Is it possible this is why I keep getting ulcers and stuff? It's like as soon as one thing goes, there's something else. Help :(

Stormsky
10-07-13, 20:51
Yes playing around, poking, fingers in mouth all the time, that's why you have spots, ulcers!

gurso11
10-07-13, 20:59
Hi-

Just wanted to let you know that I have also had issues with sore spots on my tongue. In the past, I have been told that low iron can cause this, and in my case I truly believed this because I also had cracks on the sides of my mouth, which can also be a sign of low iron. I have had this since I was a child. Also, I have noticed that occasionally, when I eat food that is too salty, too spicy, too sweet, too anything really, it causes my taste buds to inflame, which causes bumps and pain as well.

cattia
10-07-13, 21:17
I've actually always suffered with mouth issues. I get a lot of mouth ulcers and I also get sore spots at the end of my tongue that feel like inflamed taste buds although you can't see much. I get sore patches at the very back of my tongue sometimes and I went through a weird thing years ago where my mouth always felt burned on the inside like I had drunk a hot drink. I have had numerous blood tests for various things over the years but nothing has ever shown up. I have had these issues for as long as I can remember. They often don't affect me for long periods but then when I get stressed or run down they tend to flare up. I have no idea what causes it but it doesn't bother me much as I have lived with it for so many years.

melishaxoxo
10-07-13, 21:22
try glycerine for your tongue it might help

LF87
11-07-13, 11:42
Thanks for your replies. Yeah I've got the weird burning feeling too. I've made a dentist appointment for Tuesday. I wish I could just tell myself it's nothing but I just can't. Going to try really hard not to look in my mouth or touch it until the appointment. Now just the nervous 'what if she notices something...' wait. Argh, why do we do this to ourselves! The doctor would have said if anything looked dodgy wouldn't she?

joelhall
11-07-13, 12:10
Yep :)

unsure_about_this
11-07-13, 13:10
I been told by mum I must stop putting my fingers in my mouth because of getting ulcers, I worry about mouth cancer etc a lot. but my dentist have never found anything worrying, she checks for these things for me first before my teeth.

rb1978
11-07-13, 22:09
I often get ulcers or inflamed (and extremely painful) taste buds - they tend to flare up whem I'm run down. Ive also occasionally had sore areas on my tongue which hurt but you absolutely cant see anything however hard you look.

I've never really thought much about any of these symptoms as they tend to pass. I see a dental hygienist twice a year who does a full exam and a quite intense clean.she's never spotted anything to cause concern.

LF87
12-07-13, 10:16
The little sore bit has gone now. But I've started getting earache now, which I know in my googling days is another symptom. It's not intense earache or anything, just a twinge every now and then. But it's enough to send me into frenzy mode. Trying really hard to not google. Maybe it's because I've been chewing gum a lot...and listening to loud music? I'm also worried about this little spot thing near the back of my throat. I only noticed it when I had tonsillitis, could it have been left a bit swollen or something after my throat infection? I mean, the doctor and dentist have seen my throat, so they would have noticed it wouldn't they? Honestly, I just go from one thing to the next with this. Why can't I just be ok with what the doctor's have said!