PDA

View Full Version : Its your mind your in control!

Chris B
10-10-06, 21:06
Your mind belongs to you and you alone, panick anxiety and depression dont have a say in it anymore.

If you can move your arms legs and head then its obvious that you are in control of your body, so that means that you are also in control of your mind.

now that we have agreed that you have control of your own body and mind, use it to your advantage, say to your self "panick attacks ha ha i laugh in the face of panick attacks"

Face your attacks! call them to you, challange them to a fight! try and bring one on and face it head on like a raging bull. And you know what it wont come, it wont happen because it is scared of you because it knows you are in control now and it has no hold of you anymore.

Relax sing dance and laugh, watch monty python, and keep your mind healthy, you look after your mind and it will look after you.

If anyone needs to talk then please feel free to e mail me at gabba80@hotmail.com or you can even give me a ring on 01953 717511 mon-fri 9-5 its my direct office number and the phone wont be answered by anyone else but me. I am the boss so dont be afraid to call for my personal advise. I have made it through with a positive mental attitude and want to share my methods with others, i know how hard it is but it needn't be that way.

Take care and remember your not alone.

Allie
03-11-06, 14:22
Quite right!
When I find myself getting fretful and obsessional about a thought I stop myself and say 'I don't want to think about that!' and refuse to think about it. My mind keeps generating the thoughts for a couple of days but with persisitance they go away eventually. When I realise I havn't thought about whatevers getting to me I realise that I've won the battle and it's possible to control my own mind.

I'm not a slave to *any* anxious notion. I've got a life to lead!

THE VOICE INSIDE YOUR HEAD IS NOT THE VOICE OF GOD. IT JUST SOUNDS LIKE IT THINKS IT IS! Cheri Huber