PDA

View Full Version : Whatever it is..... Do it.......

Tessar
10-07-13, 22:24
I simply have to say, if there is something you are thinking about doing or wish you could just do...... Well give it a go. I won't kid anyone into thinking its easy, obviously it isn't easy because otherwise we would all be out there doing all sorts of amazing things and none of us would feel anxious.
What I will say is that if there's a little voice somewhere deep inside you that keepings saying "I wish I could" ....... Well, out simply.... Try it. Give it a go. Because when you do, the immense satisfaction that is gained from achieving something.... no matter how small is just brilliant.
so you listen out for that little quiet voice inside you because it is there somewhere.
Think of something you can do, something that might make you feel a little uncomfortable perhaps. Then if you manage that you can build up to bigger and better things.
This is what I have been doing the last few months and I have to say it works. You do need to challenge yourself because that is how you get better. The first steps are scary I admit that. But the rewards? Well it has to be said that for me the rewards have far, far outweighed the anticipated disasters I expected to happen when I tested myself.
It's better to feel uncomfortable when challenging yourself than feeling unable to face apt he challenge. Put that energy to good use. Positive use. Little by little. Seriously give it a go!!!!!

Stormsky
10-07-13, 22:26
Feel the fear, but do it anyway!

Tessar
10-07-13, 22:38
Absolutely! I'm off on a plane for work tomorrow and actually far less nervous and looking forward to it. This will be the fifth pair of flights I'll have done for work since May and on my own as well. I can't believe how different I feel about doing it. By being very organised & matter of fact about it, now I can go to bed tonight and not feel anxious about the day ahead. Ok I know I'll be nervous in the morning & each time i have been, the challenges i encountered have been different. but I have been equal to them. I haven't cried or felt like I want to run away. In fact at times it's been exhilarating. I just want to share with everyone the feeling of success & hope it helps someone to try something....... Coz it really is worth it.

Stormsky
10-07-13, 22:52
Lol.. I read that initially as ' fifth pair of tights'....
Huge well done you! I hate flying. And doing it alone too.. Have fab flight!

Tish
11-07-13, 06:09
That's brilliant Tessar, I really admire your courage. You're reaping the rewards for your own determination and bravery. Well done!

Speranza
11-07-13, 07:43
LOL @Stormsky. (Have only just realised that's not a Russian name! :doh: Prozac Brain!) Tessar, that is fantastic, well done! :hugs:

Tessar
11-07-13, 21:43
this did make me laugh, Speranza "LOL @Stormsky. (Have only just realised that's not a Russian name! :doh: Prozac Brain!"

I'm really go glad that I am doing these flights. I had some time to myself over there and was wandering about the town today thinking how good I was feeling and how lucky I am to have a job that lets me do this.

I really hope that its possible for everyone to try and face some of the things that feel so scary as I really do believe they aren't as bad as you think,

You have to try and believe me that the more you try to face it and tolerate feeling uncomfortable, the stronger your resolve gets and the fear really does lessen. The best discovery of all is that what you think is going to happen either doesn't at all or if it does, it is entirely possible to tolerate it... In small measures first and then build from there.

Annie0904
11-07-13, 21:57
I have taken the same attitude these past few months. It hasn't been easy but it is the only way to move forward and overcome the anxiety. My big challenge is on 22nd July. I am going to a wedding which in itself is a challenge but I have been asked to do a reading and have accepted :scared15: I am trying not to think about it too much yet. :scared15:

Stormsky
11-07-13, 22:28
[QUOTE=Speranza;1185141]LOL @Stormsky. (Have only just realised that's not a Russian name! :doh: Prozac Brain!)

Lol.. My dogs are Storm and Sky

daisydaisy
11-07-13, 23:20
I've just taken out the Susan Jeffers book and keep going to start it but haven't yet so you have inspired me Tesser to get on and read it!

Tessar
12-07-13, 09:27
nice one daisy! you will have to let us know how you get on. its always good to share on here, especially the positive stuff.

dally
12-07-13, 18:30
Very well done research. I totally agree