PDA

View Full Version : Constant worrying is making my life a misery.

Malmortius
10-07-13, 23:57
The worst is at night. I have to wait until it goes light outside just to go asleep and i don't know why. thats usually about 4am. Sometimes i feel like i could go blind at any second, which leads into a panic attack.

About a year ago i was diagnosed with anxiety and depression. I've worked hard over the year but i'm still constantly worrying, i can't enjoy anything.

I keep thinking, if i go asleep i might wake up blind. Being blind is my biggest fear, and I'm terrified of it happening. I'm short sighted and a about a year ago i started to see a few floaters in my eyes (harmless i'm told). I had 3 professional doctors do all kinds of tests and said my eyes are fine apart from that. A couple of weeks ago i went for an eye exam and there were no concerns.

Now i'm thinking like last time, is there something she missed? No matter how much logic i put to it, it doesn't work.

Plus the floaters, they are a constant reminder of that time a year ago i worried myself into hospital.

When i try to preoccupy myself with hobbies, the worries come back as soon as i stop. Any time my mind is clear ill think about it. And thats not my only fear, if i have a pain in my arm ill worry until i go to the doctors. A couple of days or weeks later something else will pop up and ill obsess over it.

What do i do?

kathryntay
11-07-13, 00:11
That must be tough. If it helps at all, I have never heard of anyone waking up blind for no reason. I don't believe it is physically possible. Even with illnesses, blindness is a slow process. The only way I think you can automatically go blind would be if you had some sort of terrible head injury or other accident that actually damaged your eyes beyond repair.

Malmortius
11-07-13, 00:13
That must be tough. If it helps at all, I have never heard of anyone waking up blind for no reason. I don't believe it is physically possible. Even with illnesses, blindness is a slow process. The only way I think you can automatically go blind would be if you had some sort of terrible head injury or other accident that actually damaged your eyes beyond repair.

Really? hm

Its the worst, man. I wouldn't wish this on anyone.