PDA

View Full Version : Horrible panic attack :(

reenymac
11-07-13, 02:59
Hi there

Had such a horrible panic attack today, possibly my worst to date, which came as such a surprise to me cause I had been coping so well, not sure if it's the heat and not getting enough sleep or whatever caused it.

I was out shopping with my 15yr old son today, which is alsways a wee bitty stressful best of times, but today I just freaked I was in this shop and the exit wasn't very clear, I felt really disorientated, I left the shop and left my son to pay for his clothes, I got muself outside the shop which of course had to be in a shopping mall, by the time I left the shop I was very shaky, by the time I got out to the mall, I was shaking really bad managed to get a diazepan out and take one, by the time my son came out I could barely breathe and told him we need to leave now, I couldn't walk, was staggering over to the left all the time, could barely talk and felt as though gravity was pulling me down that I was going to collapse on the floor, kept looking at people thinking I need to ask for help, I managed to get oustside the mall with great difficulty and the panic attack immediately stopped wasn't the valium cause I had just taken that 5mins before, such a bizarre feeling to be almost crying and so scared then to be outside feel back to normal. Now I need to work on forgetting that attack and get myself back into the shopping centre again....has anyone had an attack like this before where they feel they couldn't walk....really weird feeling.

Thanks Reeny

laura1200
11-07-13, 04:32
Hi reeny I hope you're feeling better.

Yes when I get anxious it feels like my body is heavy and I can't walk well.

I hope youcan get over this attack and are able to go back in the shopping centre.

reenymac
11-07-13, 10:34
Thanks Laura, feel a bit down about it today, but hoping to get through it again thanks for your reply

Reeny

Col
11-07-13, 10:43
Hi reenymac, GOSH I can really relate that sounds like my idea of HELL to be honest as I have experienced exactly these same symptoms more or less!

It's soooo bloody awful, like a life scentance, not knowing when , where panic will strike. And then annoyingly when I manage NOT to have an attack it's like a big celebration? Which is pathetic, yay I managed to go to Tescos , witout freaking out. What the hell. It can be the most debilitating , frustrating and soul destroying thing ever!

I've not had the walking thing BUT I have had incredible numbness in the middle of a , non breathing , disorientated , collapse - panic attack. I had to bang my legs on the floor of the car. I've had the mega anic attacks like the one you've described. MY heart goes out to you. Your right in your thinking - in that you need to absorb what happend & forget and try going back to the mall - but not easy:flowers:

reenymac
12-07-13, 10:04
Thanks for your reply Col.....feel a bit better today, had a great nights sleep last night so feel as though I can tackle things better today, I can relate to Tesco thing, it's like a smash and grab for me, I enter get what I need then back out, save loads of money lol cause no browsing, will try the mall again, when I have regained some confidence.

Thanks for your support

Reeny

Col
12-07-13, 10:34
Thanks for your reply Col.....feel a bit better today, had a great nights sleep last night so feel as though I can tackle things better today, I can relate to Tesco thing, it's like a smash and grab for me, I enter get what I need then back out, save loads of money lol cause no browsing, will try the mall again, when I have regained some confidence.

Thanks for your support

Reeny

So glad your feeling a bit better today:yesyes:
Had to laugh at your - smash & grab:roflmao: that's like me BUT sometimes I grab the most expensive brands and forget stuff and then spend more money - hubby goes mad x