PDA

View Full Version : IS this really anxiety, dizziness, numb face etc

fedup36
11-07-13, 11:35
Hi,

Bit of a long one here, I really need some help as I am struggling to cope!
I started getting a tingly head and numbness on my face back in October. I then went on a business trip to Japan which resulted in me googling the symptoms of tingling head - to my horror MS and a number if other diseases started popping up! This then turned into panic attacks every night for 3 weeks in Japan! It was horrific... I thought as soon as I would return home everything would turn back to normal however I was plagued by this 24 hour dizziness and tingling of the head. This continued for around 2 months. The doctors all diagnosed me with anxiety however 1 referred me to a ENT. I ended up having an MRI which was clear, apart from an arachnoid cyst. I saw a neurosurgeon regarding this and she said its been there all my life.

No-one can figure out whats wrong.. here are some of my symptoms, dizziness (not 24 hours now but dizzy spells) tingling on face and scalp, pressure in ears, stiff neck, blurred vision, floaters. The doctors have suggested Migraines or BPPV however I am not sure. I am so scared of fainting or having a seizure.

Its ruining my life and I spend Christmas day in bed to scared to get up or leave the house. I am scared every time I get a dizzy spell something bad will happen or I will suddenly collapse.

Thankfully I had a course of 6 CBT on the NHS which really helped and made me considerably better but I still feel like there is something wrong with me.

I hope someone can help!

Thank you

LF87
11-07-13, 11:53
Hi,

Sorry you're feeling so down at the moment. I just wanted to let you know that I sometimes get a tingling in my head, mine feels like pins and needles in my cheeks moving up to my head. I normally get it when I'm really tired, or have a hangover. I don't know why it only happens then, but I think it's because those are the times my anxiety levels are higher. I think the body just does strange stuff sometimes, but it doesn't necessarily mean there's anything going on. If your doctor and ENT people say everything's fine, it will be! I know that's way easier said than done, I'm guilty of booking a million appointments, I have another one on Tuesday. But from being on this site a few weeks, everybody seems to have their own fixation on something, we've all been told it's nothing, but none of us can let it go!
Try to feel reassured by what the doctors have said. And when you do feel dizzy, just let it flow over you, try not to be frightened by it, it will pass! That's what helped me when I had CBT a few years ago.
Hope you're feeling better soon.

Speranza
11-07-13, 13:36
I get this too. Mine is related to teeth-grinding. If you want to google something less scary and more likely, try TMJ - and see your dentist. xx

fedup36
17-07-13, 09:45
Hi, thank you for all your replies...

I think sometimes it could be something as simple as neck and shoulder tension causing all this! I notice when I am anxious I am wearing my shoulders as earings!

Hopefully I can get through this, even chatting on here makes me feel better but if I get one small symptom that's it bang! I am back to feeling very worried :(

I have looked at TMJ but my mum is a Orthodontist and shes pretty sure its not! Ah well!

Thanks again

Speranza
17-07-13, 13:25
Shoulders then. Love that about the earrings! :)