PDA

View Full Version : how long before the drowsiness goes away???

crosser
11-07-13, 15:22
been on 150mg a day for couple of weeks but still makes me really drowsy and sleepy... don't think its helping the anxiety either yet.. do you think I need a higher dose? im also taking 40mg citalopram and 80mg prop...

SarahH
11-07-13, 15:30
Hi,

We are all different but for me the drowsiness went quite quickly. Although after taking my morning dose 3 hrs later I would find my eyelids drooping if I sat in a chair. But I did go up to 400mgs a day over 2 weeks. The anxiety went after one or two days on 75mgs, but because I was in hospital with pretty severe anxiety the psych wanted me up to a high dose quickly.

Every body responds differently to this drug but I would persevere if I was you.

Take care

Sarah

funkyman
12-07-13, 18:53
Hi There
I am now at my second week of 75 am and 75 pm. Its a low dose to start to avoid the sluggish stuff. This dose was recommended by 2 psy doctors I have spoken to, if like me you are sensitive to meds. I would say that even on this low dose I have just started to get over the tired feelings in the last 3 days, so I reckon on a higher dose it to be expected for a good few weeks. (but again it depends on the person and its difficult to generalise). I nearly quit because of the spaced out stuff, but now glad I didn't. Hope things bet better for you soon.:)