PDA

View Full Version : Hair Washing Obsession

GirlAfraid23
11-07-13, 15:22
Ok so this is slightly odd but I have an extreme obsession with washing my hair.

If I go a day more without being able to wash it I get really anxious and obsess about the look and smell of it.

I have quite thick hair but the roots get greasy easily, I know you're not supposed to wash your hair everyday as it makes the condition of it bad.

It's got so bad now that if my friends ask me to meet of an evening and I haven't washed my hair and I need to then I will cancel on them.

Because I have to be up early for work, I always do my hair the night before.

Em.ma
11-07-13, 18:58
Hiya,
Washing your hair every night is not bad.
My hairdresser says its fine. I have very thick hair. Like an Afro texture and mines fine to wash everyday.
Is it germs or looks you worry about?

almamatters
11-07-13, 19:16
I have long hair and I wash it every day, sometimes twice a day if the weather is hot . I can't go out unless it is washed even just to the shops. I don't think daily washing harms the condition of it, but then again I'm not an expert.

GirlAfraid23
12-07-13, 17:08
Hiya,
Washing your hair every night is not bad.
My hairdresser says its fine. I have very thick hair. Like an Afro texture and mines fine to wash everyday.
Is it germs or looks you worry about?

It's looks I worry about and I've just got into a habit of wanting my hair clean everyday, I can't stand even a tiny bit of grease.

---------- Post added at 17:08 ---------- Previous post was at 17:07 ----------

I have long hair and I wash it every day, sometimes twice a day if the weather is hot . I can't go out unless it is washed even just to the shops. I don't think daily washing harms the condition of it, but then again I'm not an expert.

This sounds like me, although I've never washed it twice in one day before.
Do you think mine sounds like an obsession though? As I'm cancelling plans because I need to wash my hair

KatieJayne
13-07-13, 09:30
I wash mine every morning and in the evenings if I'm going out I dry shampoo it! This might be your life line! :)